Linn's Stamp News, Issue January 16, 2012...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linn's Stamp News, Issue January 16, 2012...

Announces in an article on page 28...

"Auctions of Russian Rarities, Edward VII, Karpov Collections"

In the article, it states, "...a series of auctions that included Karpov's Belgian and Belgian Congo collections..." The article mentions a few of his items went for well North of $600,000 in total and that Feldman said it would offer other parts of Karpov's "vast collections" in the future. Page 32 has these Karpov references.

http://editions.amospublishing.com/L...spx?d=20120116 is their website, and, I think anyone can get into it.
    Last edited by Ken MacDonald; Tuesday, 3rd January, 2012, 12:54 PM.

Re: Linn's Stamp News, Issue January 16, 2012...

I can't get into the site without registering. Does the article state explicitly that it is Anatoly Karpov, the chess player, who is selling these items?

Comment

Linn's Stamp News, Issue January 16, 2012...

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
      I can't get into the site without registering. Does the article state explicitly that it is Anatoly Karpov, the chess player, who is selling these items?
      Sorry, I thought one could get in.

Registration is free, I think.

It does specifically state that these are from World Chess Champion Karpov's collection.

Comment

Re: Linn's Stamp News, Issue January 16, 2012...

The old joke, back when Karpov was world champion, was that he "collected pawns and stamps". A lucrative hobby if you know what you're doing, but like chess, timing is everything!

Comment

Working...
        X