Chess Sets: Canada vs Taliban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess Sets: Canada vs Taliban

This afternoon I decided to see how Strategy Games is doing in Google search ranking...well...we are doing okay...but...we could do better :)

Anyway, I thought this was rather...different :)... and I would like to share it with you:

http://www.torontostandard.com/daily...an-chess-sets/

Re: Chess Sets: Canada vs Taliban

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
    This afternoon I decided to see how Strategy Games is doing in Google search ranking...well...we are doing okay...but...we could do better :)
    Anyway, I thought this was rather...different :)... and I would like to share it with you:
    Originally posted by Washington Post
    By Associated Press, Updated: Thursday, January 12, 12:35 PM

WASHINGTON — Defense Secretary Leon Panetta phoned Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai Thursday and promised full investigation of a video that purports to depict four U.S. Marines urinating on the corpses of Taliban fighters — a video both men condemned as deplorable.

In a separate public statement, Panetta said such behavior is “entirely inappropriate for members of the United States military” and that those responsible will be held accountable. ...
    In a roundabout way it fits in with the current uproar about the U.S. Marines who allegedly urinated on Taliban corpses; i.e. it's hard to conceive of how anything worthwhile could come out of something that is so disrespectful. I have no sympathy for the Taliban but if those men died on a field of battle while fighting for what they believed in then they don't deserve that sort of treatment. I'm sure the families of those Marines would be horribly upset if the video showed Taliban fighters urinating on the Marines' corpses.

Anyway, the U.S. is certainly a strange place these days. They engage in torture, directly and by proxy, and there's hardly a ripple of outrage. Their president (Bush) and his cronies subvert their constitution through the extensive use of illegal wiretaps and there's hardly a ripple of outrage. But let a couple of dead Talibanos get peed on and suddenly we have front page news with the Defense Secretary vowing to hold the pee-ers accountable. Sheesh. :(
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
      Anyway, the U.S. is certainly a strange place these days. They engage in torture, directly and by proxy, and there's hardly a ripple of outrage. Their president (Bush) and his cronies subvert their constitution through the extensive use of illegal wiretaps and there's hardly a ripple of outrage. But let a couple of dead Talibanos get peed on and suddenly we have front page news with the Defense Secretary vowing to hold the pee-ers accountable. Sheesh. :(
      In your examples, the logical inconsistency disappears if you posit that outrage depends on who is doing the bad act, rather than on the badness of the act. The apotheosis of arrogance.

However, I prefer to view it as a madhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post

What I want to know is whether there is an option to have Rooks and Knights and Kings (for example) have a whiz on captured pawns... (it seemed awkward to include Queens and Bishops in that group, but whatever)
        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Working...
        X