GM Bator Sambuev to play in the 2012 Canadian Closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Bator Sambuev to play in the 2012 Canadian Closed

The grand-master and defending Canadian champion, Bator Sambuev, will play in the 2012 Canadian Closed.

From now on, you can reserve your place for 50$ (and pay the rest later). Don't miss this opportunity!

Website of the 2012 Zonals

Re: GM Bator Sambuev to play in the 2012 Canadian Closed

Hummmm.... Might be nice to play in one of these tournaments. Montreal is a great city for a chess tournament. I have very fond memories of playing in the Canadian Junior there many years ago.

Who else from Alberta is considering going?

Comment

Geordie Derraugh is also playing in it, watch out for him! :D
      Shameless self-promotion on display here
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Barkyducky?feature=mhee

Comment

I played Geordie in the last Hart House tournament, so I can certainly confirm what Bindi says - I lost??!!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Haynes View Post
          Hummmm.... Might be nice to play in one of these tournaments. Montreal is a great city for a chess tournament. I have very fond memories of playing in the Canadian Junior there many years ago.

Who else from Alberta is considering going?
          The Alberta Champion will be sponsored to attend either this event or the Canadian Open. Other than that, Dale Haessel usually attends this, maybe Rob Gardner?

Comment

Re : GM Bator Sambuev to play in the 2012 Canadian Closed

It's a good idea to sponsor provincial champions to play in national tournaments. If only more provinces, including Quebec, would offer such an occasion to their champion...

Also, the 2012 runner-up, Eric Hansen, will also receive an invitation with special conditions.

Comment

Working...
            X