X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICC Nicknames...... "Turbosnake"

Is this player Alexandre Lesiege?

Re: ICC Nicknames...... "Turbosnake"

If you go to the ICC website, chessclub.com, and look up turbosnake, his finger notes say he is indeed LeSiege.
    Brian

Comment

ICC Nicknames...... "Turbosnake"

The reason I asked this seemingly dumb question was that I saw him playing last night. I often ask for a player's information ("finger turbosnake"). Usually, those who want to give their name have a "name:" line, but he has his name elsewhere in his general information in line # 1. Thus, while it looked like him (French language used also), his name was not where most players place it.
      Looking at his rating, it shows he is concentrating more on his poker than chess these days.

Thanks for the response.

Comment

I don't understand what you mean by

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post
        Looking at his rating, it shows he is concentrating more on his poker than chess these days.
        As you can see at this link, his blitz rating is 2800+. Sure it's not the highest rating for a GM, but it's not even 150 points below his highest, which he achieved in 2002, when he was concentrating on chess. http://www.chessclub.com/activities/...dle=turbosnake

Comment

Rating for "Turbosnake" on ICC

I didn't see that but last night he must have been playing one of the other brands which show ratings today of: 2307; 1959; 2194.

Comment

The rating 2307 is a bullet rating and it is only based on 17 games, not enough to truly demonstrate playing ability. On ICC, 1 minute ratings are very low, and that explains his 2194 1-minute. The only low rating is the 5-minute rating, where you are paired automatically and you can't choose your opponents. This rating is also based on a small number of games though.

Comment

You win!

His 3 low ratings can be explained away and only his high rating should count.

Comment

On ICC, most people would agree that it's the blitz rating that counts. That is the one that he has played hundreds of games on.
                Last edited by Keith MacKinnon; Wednesday, 29th October, 2008, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X