Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012-13 Canadian Junior

Originally posted by Jonathan Berry View Post
    Very good, Larry. A first-class event. I see that there are no mandatory regional inclusions, but I hope that the new selection rules allow for true contenders from outside Central Canada.

The old-time Canadian Juniors were December 26-31, that is 9 games in 6 days. I realize that time controls are a bit faster these days, but you're going to have ten tired puppies by the end of your five-day event. Air travel on Xmas Day is relatively open and relaxed, in my experience.
    Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the constructive comment!

Dec 26 - 31 is a good plan...hate to have 10 tired puppies to deal with...what would the SPCA say about that :).

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan Berry View Post
      I hope not. The best guarantee of success is the organizer (CMA)'s desire to put on a good show. So they won't choose a 1600 player from Pointe-aux-Piques just because he's the best player in that area, but they might choose a 2150 from Skalbania because to choose a 2157 would mean a seventh entry from Onomatopoea. I'm just guessing, of course. But--this is not a one-knight stand!
      You have it right Jonathan...as usual :)

Comment

It is confirmed that the Canadian Junior will run from December 26-31, 2012 in Toronto.

The GTCL will be putting forward a bid to the CFC for the Canadian Girl's Junior Championship to be run concurrently...with the CMA and the GTCL sharing some of the costs.

The Chess'n Math Association is also pleased to announce that the FQE will be a sponsor of the Canadian Junior, and that we have awarded one of the CMA spots to the top Quebec Junior that did not qualify by CFC rating.

Larry Bevand
        Chess'n Math

Comment

Working...
        X