Congratulations Felix Dumont!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations Felix Dumont!

Felicitations Felix on becoming the new Ahuntsic Chess Club champion!

Onward and upward!

Evan

Re : Congratulations Felix Dumont!

Thanks Evan,

I must admit I was quite lucky in the last round, since Hong Rui Zhu should have won and go in tiebreaks with me.

In big time trouble, Hong Rui played 1... h2?? But after 2. Kxf5 h1=Q 3. Be4+ the game was draw.
    Nobody expected that from a player with a 2100 rating, but with less than 20 seconds on the clock, everything can happen :D

It was a nice tournament though. Free entry and free diner for all (they ordered chicken from ''Au coq''). We have a lot of fun every year :)

Comment

Re: Congratulations Felix Dumont!

As they say in sports "that's why they play the game" you never know what could happen in any competitive event!?

Wow!.... free entry and free dinner !? - you can't beat that!

P.S. Are you going to the McGill Open?

Comment

Re : Re: Congratulations Felix Dumont!

Originally posted by Evan Frangakis View Post
        As they say in sports "that's why they play the game" you never know what could happen in any competitive event!?

Wow!.... free entry and free dinner !? - you can't beat that!

P.S. Are you going to the McGill Open?
        Yes, we can hardly beat that. The Ahuntsic Chess Club, which also organized the Montreal Open, is a great place for amateurs. For 30$ a year (20$ for juniors), you can play in tournaments every week, participate in the Club Championship and even have discounts on their tournaments (like the one on April 15, in which GM Kovalyov will play).

The McGill Opn seems like a great tournament, especially since I might study there next year. However, with the current student strike I have no idea of whether or not I'll be able to play. Since we already lost 6 weeks (!), we might have to catch back some classes on the weekends.

Comment

Re: Congratulations Felix Dumont!

As a McGill alumnus, I can confirm that it is a great school and ideally located in downtown Montreal. If you do end up there, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

I'm planning to go to the McGill open but as I mentioned to Shao, it's going to be a delicate balancing act since that is Mother's day weekend and I have my wife, mother and mother-in-law to think about!?

As for the student strike, I don't know- there doesn't seem to be a lot of support in the general public. I hope it doesn't end up costing the students a semester. Anyway, hope things work out for you. Good luck!

Comment

Re : Congratulations Felix Dumont!

Yes of course!
            Congratulations, and continue your good job on FQE.
            ----------______/
            ------(__|_____|__)
            ----------( Q Q )
            ------o00o-(_)-o00o-------
            THE GALACTIC COWBOY (J.-R. Boutin, AF)

Comment

Re: Re : Congratulations Felix Dumont!

Those bishops, sometimes they make me feel like a fool.

Felixitations.

Comment

Working...
              X