Montreal - monthly blitz Sunday April 1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montreal - monthly blitz Sunday April 1!

Monthly blitz tournament Sunday, April 1 at 1:30 pm.
    Cafe Pi, 4127 St. Laurent, Montreal.

http://canbase.fqechecs.qc.ca/blitze.htm

Initiating CFC Quick Chess Ratings in Quebec?

Hi Hugh:

I understand that you keep a Cafe Pi Blitz Rating List re all your Blitz Tournaments there.

Would you mind asking your participants, whether they would pay $ 1.50 more in entry fee, as a discounted quick chess rating fee, to get one starting tournament CFC " Quick Chess " rated? Game/5 ( or with increments Game/3 with 2 seconds ) are in the new CFC Quick Chess system.

Secondly, what percentage of your players are CFC members? Would those who are not, pay a one-time Quick Chess playing fee ( Quebec - adult $8; junior $ 4 ) in order to get an initial quick chess rating? This would just be a one-tournament thing to establish a new quick chess rating at the CFC.

Bob A

Comment

Re : Montreal - monthly blitz Sunday April 1!

I highly doubt they would be willing to pay more to have a blitz rating. After all, the FQE rates blitz games free of charge (no membership even required!) and even with this, most blitz tournaments do not wish to get rated...

Comment

Re: Montreal - monthly blitz Sunday April 1!

Hi Hugh,

I was in Montreal last weekend while on a tour of Canada East. I wanted to visit Cafe Pi on that Saturday night but was not sure if there were some chess activities there.

What is the status of the Cafe Pi on the weekends? Is there some chess there? I also wanted to see the CMA head quarters even if it is closed during the night.

I stayed at the Delta hotel along 777 University Avenue. I was ready to go after my wife gave me permission for a night out on chess.

I also visited Saint Joseph Oratory, the Notre dame church, the Mount Royal, the olympic stadium which according to the tour guide = is the big O?, or OWE ? lol.... I also went to the Biodome de Montreal, the Montreal tower.
        What i lost in my 9 months of working full time, i gained in 3 buffets in Montreal, at the Oriental buffet and Fu Lam - I do not know where these places are on the Montreal map.

Then we went to Quebec City. I remember there will be a big tournament in this city.

Then trouble struck on the third day when the bus encountrered compressor problems in the highway 30 minutes from Quebec City. I wished i have brought my chess books to read.

Well, anyway, next time, there will be fresh meat challenge at Cafe Pi.
        Last edited by Erwin Casareno; Thursday, 29th March, 2012, 11:03 AM.

Comment

There is always chess at Cafe Pi during its opening hours (closes at midnight) - add to that backgammon and poker. Players of all strengths, and some willing to play for $$$.

Last month's blitz tournament attracted 16 players - one (Bator Sambuev) is a CFC member. There is little interest in my Montreal blitz ratings these days (most players don't care if I rate it or not) - so there would be even less interest to have them FQE (no extra charge) or CFC (extra charge) rated.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
            There is little interest in my Montreal blitz ratings these days (most players don't care if I rate it or not) - so there would be even less interest to have them FQE (no extra charge)
            What does it take to be FQE blitz rated?

Comment

Re : Re: Montreal - monthly blitz Sunday April 1!

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
              What does it take to be FQE blitz rated?
              Nothing : No FQE membership, no charge. Organizers simply need to submit the results and the informations about the players (i.e. rating).
              Of course, there are rating fees for slow games (1,50$ per player), but in order to promote chess among the numerous blitz players, blitz rating is free.

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Montreal - monthly blitz Sunday April 1!

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
                to submit the results and the informations about the players (i.e. rating).
                Any special format?

Comment

Re : Montreal - monthly blitz Sunday April 1!

Here are the full conditions. In order to have a tournament blitz rated, the organizer needs to send the following things to the FQE :

Informations about the participants if this is their first tournament with the FQE: Starting rating (blitz, CFC, FIDE...), Date of Birth, adresses (email and postal).
                  The tournament can then be send in any electronic format (Swiss-sys, HTML, Excel, etc.).

It is always possible to contact the rating administrator at info@fqechecs.qc.ca

Comment

Working...
                  X