Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chess Olympiad

Originally posted by Jonathan Berry View Post
    Today there was a new version of the beta software, which installed smoothly. And with improved interface. It says "Tuning in...", then, as before, the screen remains blank. Maybe the broadcast hasn't started yet, though it should be about midnight, Dresden time.
    All I saw was some aerial shots of Dresden (I presume) and some views of the city with some light music and then it started again - a streaming screen saver? Oh well, maybe I'll tune in again later...
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

In the updated rankings, the Canadian teams now are:

National - # 47/154
      Women's - # 53/116

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan Berry View Post
        I hope that it works better ... if not for me, then for others.
        The player works fo rme, but when I just loaded it, it seems to be part way through the opening ceremony [a bad rendition of 'we are the champions' on ice] and I don't see any way to select anything specific. I would have thought there would be a MENU of things to watch (subchannels if you want to call them that). Perhaps that will come once there is an archive of stuff, but so far it is close to useless.
        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

I finally got something: from the Opening Ceremonies, the ballet, a couple of Freddie Mercury songs, ... the smoking skaters. Then after some blank screen, the same. But at least it worked, and there you are, Opening Ceremonies without the boring speeches; heavily and skilfully edited. Let's be thankful for mercies!

Comment

Working...
          X