Moscow bound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Moscow bound

You can see from this photo that the board has yet to be turned around. This table is from the Tal Memorial - I am surprised that the players accepted the odd colour scheme. The plastic film is being removed from the glass (acrylic actually) today. There is scaffolding and much commotion on the stage still as most of the organizing efforts are devoted to the opening ceremony.

We were there for 2 hours this afternoon but could not test anything. Ashot and I played a game while we waited. I sat in Gelfand's chair with the black pieces. Soon I lost a pair of minors for a Rook but my position came to life. He would not accept a draw, insisting that the challenger should play for a win. I reluctantly obliged him.

Is big brother watching? Yesterday afternoon Ashot told me that his memory stick had been taken from his computer table in his room. He wondered if it would be returned -as if this was some kind of replay of the pizza problems in Khanty Mansyisk. (Our team ordered pizza from the hotel and offered to pick it up. The pizza man called back to tell us that he was instructed to cancel the order.) Sure enough, the memory stick was back on his computer table by nightfall.

Comment

Working...
    X