The Cathedral Church of St. James...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cathedral Church of St. James...

at the corner of Church and King Streets in downtown Toronto has been undergoing construction and renovations to part of it.

I attended a Community Meeting there tonight and we were told that this new, "quite large" and modern hall we were in was holding its 1st large crowd.

I see it as having sufficient room to hold a decent size chess tournament, well lit, air-conditioned, easy access (near the King Subway stop) and close to so many downtown amenities, restaurants and coffee shops all over the neighbourhood.

Maybe some interested organizer should meet with the administrator.

Re: The Cathedral Church of St. James...

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post
    at the corner of Church and King Streets in downtown Toronto has been undergoing construction and renovations to part of it.

I attended a Community Meeting there tonight and we were told that this new, "quite large" and modern hall we were in was holding its 1st large crowd.

I see it as having sufficient room to hold a decent size chess tournament, well lit, air-conditioned, easy access (near the King Subway stop) and close to so many downtown amenities, restaurants and coffee shops all over the neighbourhood.

Maybe some interested organizer should meet with the administrator.
    The Toronto Chess Club did meet in the building for awhile around 100 years ago. Of course, it helped that the President of the Toronto Chess League was, I think, also the Bishop there.

Comment

Working...
    X