Fund-raising simuls at Oriole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fund-raising simuls at Oriole

Seneca Hill Chess Club is running a series of fundraising simuls in June to sponsor WIM Natalia Khoudgarian, WCM Jackie Peng and WCM Yelizaveta Orlova to 40th World Chess Olympiad in Istanbul, Turkey; and FM Aman Hambleton to World Junior Chess Championship in Athens, Greece.

Come support our Canadian representatives to the World tournaments.

WIM Natalia Khoudgarian had done the simul at OGCC 2012. The other 3 will do at Oriole in June.
    They will be there to meet you during our Sunday CMA rated tournaments for K to G.12 students from 1:00 to 3:00. Info and registration of the Sunday tournaments at http://senecahillchess.com/events/sundays-at-oriole/

Then they will play a 15 to 20 board simul from 3:00 to 4:30. It is open to any one, adults or juniors. Information of the simuls is at
    http://senecahillchess.com/category/sundays-at-oriole/

Tickets are for sale at Oriole this Sunday. We can only accomodate 20 boards! If you are not coming to Oriole this week, please email me to reserve a spot.

shchessclub@rogers.com
    Last edited by Corinna Wan; Saturday, 26th May, 2012, 10:02 PM.

Re: Fund-raising simuls at Oriole

Aman Hambleton is in my eyes is one of the top junior players in North America.

It's quite a pity that he doesn't play much at all. He has turned in remarkable performances when he has played in top level events (Canadian Open comes to my mind).

I wouldn't be surprised if he turns in a top 10 performance at the World Juniors, as long as he doesn't get distracted by the women, as I am sure the women will surely be chasing him.

Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Normand Arsenault View Post
      Aman Hambleton is in my eyes is one of the top junior players in North America.
      For this to come from you Norm - believe me when I say it's an honour... :)

Comment

Originally posted by Corinna Wan View Post
        Seneca Hill Chess Club is running a series of fundraising simuls in June to sponsor WIM Natalia Khoudgarian, WCM Jackie Peng and WCM Yelizaveta Orlova to 40th World Chess Olympiad in Istanbul, Turkey; and FM Aman Hambleton to World Junior Chess Championship in Athens, Greece.

Come support our Canadian representatives to the World tournaments.

WIM Natalia Khoudgarian had done the simul at OGCC 2012. The other 3 will do at Oriole in June.
        They will be there to meet you during our Sunday CMA rated tournaments for K to G.12 students from 1:00 to 3:00. Info and registration of the Sunday tournaments at http://senecahillchess.com/events/sundays-at-oriole/

Then they will play a 15 to 20 board simul from 3:00 to 4:30. It is open to any one, adults or juniors. Information of the simuls is at

Tickets are for sale at Oriole this Sunday. We can only accomodate 20 boards! If you are not coming to Oriole this week, please email me to reserve a spot.

shchessclub@rogers.com
        Please support us in our future chess events, and play these simuls! It's a great experience for young chess players!
        Sincerely,
        WCM/WNM Yelizaveta Orlova

Comment

There were many more players coming to Oriole the past Sunday than I expected. I am sure we would achieve our fundraising goal.

WCM Yelizaveta Orlova was the first host of our 3 simuls at Oriole. It was my inexperience in running a simul (In fact, it was my first time.) that made Liza play under time pressure. Liza did amazingly well and eventually won all 22 games. (Liza offered a draw to a player who had to leave early.)

I definitely learnt how to do a better simul for FM Aman Hambleton coming Sunday.

Last edited by Corinna Wan; Monday, 4th June, 2012, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Any pictures from the event?

Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Normand Arsenault View Post
              Any pictures from the event?

Norm

I would also like to see pictures from the simul of Mr. Aman. I heard that many girls are planning to attend to get a chance to see him.

Eric

Comment

Want me to do one for you? :D

Comment

An unaware Liza Orlova may not have been expecting photos, but it's a splendid idea.

I intend to arrive with my full team onsite to ensure my aesthetics are fully prepared and I am camera-ready.

Comment

I have posted 2 photos at our website: http://senecahillchess.com/category/sundays-at-oriole/

Comment

I didn't expect such a good response and excitement. Never thought of bringing a camera. I could just use my BB to take a few shots. ?

Comment

I didn't expect such a good response and excitement. Never thought of bringing a camera. I could just use my BB to take a few shots. ?
                        Blackberries take fairly high res photos. Like I said, I will bring my full photography crew, and possibly a camera as well

I think it's a great idea. Documenting the event can be very memorable for the kids involved, I welcome the flash photography.

:)

Comment

Want me to do one for you? :D
                          That would be great except I don't know when I'll be in Toronto next. I'll let you know if I am coming into the area.

Comment

Hi Aman,
                            Sent you and email. Didn't hear from you.
                            I would like to know if you are bringing players to play in your simul. If yes, I have to reserve them spots. Please reply my email.
                            Corinna

Comment

Hi Aman,
                              Please reply my email.
                              Corinna
                              Ditto, Vlad D
                              Last edited by Vlad Dobrich; Saturday, 9th June, 2012, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X