Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fund-raising simuls at Oriole

Hi Vlad,

You ditto meant "Sent me an email and didn't hear from me."?

I have actually replied right away to your yahoo account.
    I got a failure notice:

"Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.
    <vladdobrich@yahoo.ca>:
    Remote host said: 554 delivery error: dd Sorry your message to vladdobrich@yahoo.ca cannot be delivered. This account has been disabled or discontinued [#102]. - mta1205.mail.ac4.yahoo.com""

Then I tried chesstalk email and got this:

"Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails."

And I just tried again and got the same notice.

Please email me directly. My email address is corinna (dot) wan (at) utoronto (dot) ca

Corinna

Comment

The second Simul hosted by FM Aman Hambleton today (June 10) was also a great success! We had 24 boards and two winners – Daniel and Wenyang.

Thanks to all the participants and parents. Oh yeah, WCM Yelizaveta Orlova was also a participant today!

We will upload the close up photos we took today to an album only for the participants. There were four posted at the website.

http://senecahillchess.com/category/sundays-at-oriole/

Corinna

Comment

Originally posted by Corinna Wan View Post
        The second Simul hosted by FM Aman Hambleton today (June 10) was also a great success! We had 24 boards and two winners – Daniel and Wenyang.

Thanks to all the participants and parents. Oh yeah, WCM Yelizaveta Orlova was also a participant today!

We will upload the close up photos we took today to an album only for the participants. There were four posted at the website.

http://senecahillchess.com/category/sundays-at-oriole/

Corinna
        I had a great time doing the simul, and there are lots of photos for the participants as well as the chesstalk fans. I think the kids all had a great time, and especially congratulations to the two winners!

It was great to see so many young students interested in chess - congratulations Corinna for bringing them together!

Thanks for hosting :)

Comment

The players enjoyed the first two simuls very much. Almost all of them wanted to come back tomorrow. In order to accomodate more players, in additon to WCM Jackie Peng, WCM Yelizaveta Orlova is taking some extra boards.
          I am really thrilled. :D

Comment

Seneca Hill Chess club ran a series of fundraising activities to sponsor Natalia Khoudgarian WIM, Jackie Peng WCM, and Yelizaveta Orlova WCM for the 40th World Chess Olympiad in Istanbul; and Aman Hambleton FM for the World Junior Championship in Athens.

WIM Natalia Khoudgarian played a simul as one of the side activities in OGCC 2012 on May 19. (See this video -
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJQfbhVGqp8). Then we had 3 simuls at Oriole in June. On June 17, we finished the final part of the fundraising activities.

The response of the simuls was great. We had to turn down some players on the first two simuls. On June 3 and 10, WCM Yelizaveta Orlova and FM Aman Hambleton played 23 and 24 boards respectively.

In order to accommodate everyone, in addition to WCM Jackie Peng, Liza kindly agreed to take the extra boards on June 17.

It ended up Jackie played 21 boards and Liza 14.

There were 35 participants/boards, two woman masters, 3 workers (my husband, my daughter and me) and many parents.

Regardless of the crowdedness and warmth in the room at Oriole, the atmosphere was excellent and everyone enjoyed it.

Both girls won all the boards, except Liza and Janet (Jackie’s sister) had a draw.

Liza and Jackie were amazingly tough and calm. They managed to win against so many players in about 2 to 2.5 hours.

Before the simuls, some little players were asking: “Where are the masters?” They had never thought that two young referees from the tournament were the masters and would eventually beat them all!

Talking about referees, we have to thank Gallen and Karen (computer) for helping as referees for all three Sundays.

Photos were uploaded and a link will be sent to the participants. There are 4 posted at the website http://senecahillchess.com/category/friends/ for everyone to see.

Last of all, I am thrilled to announce that the total amount we raised was $1552! Each of our four recipients will receive $400, which will help with their expenses during the international tournaments this summer. We wish them all the best in the World Chess Olympiad and World Chess Junior Championship.

Corinna

Comment

Well done Corinna!!!

Liza, Jackie, Aman,
              Way to go!

Francis

Comment

Working...
              X