2012 CYCC - May 28 - Players 116 (Open 91 & Girls 25)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 CYCC - May 28 - Players 116 (Open 91 & Girls 25)

As I hoped the number of pre-registered players went over 100 this weekend.

Re: 2012 CYCC - May 28 - Players 116 (Open 91 & Girls 25)

Still no players from east of Ottawa? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Andrei Botez View Post
      An Nguyen Fredericton Under 10

Comment

Does the "C" in CYCC stand for Canada or China?

I see that Jasper Y C Shi in the U10 Boy's Division is from Beijing, China.

Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Normand Arsenault View Post
          Does the "C" in CYCC stand for Canada or China?

I see that Jasper Y C Shi in the U10 Boy's Division is from Beijing, China.

Norm
          There are many Canadian born or Canadian citizens who are living outside of Canada and based on CFC handbook they are allowed to play in Canadian -YCC

Comment

How did the Beijing boy qualify for the CYCC? Did he attend school in Canada, and play in a provincial qualifier?

Comment

Not bad for OPEN section, but none of Girls section has 8 or more players. Would it help to give exceptions to girls who didn't qualify but like to play?

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                How did the Beijing boy qualify for the CYCC? Did he attend school in Canada, and play in a provincial qualifier?
                The boy does not have a CFC rating. Organiser's wild card, maybe? Or special permission from the CFC Youth Coordinator?

Comment

Originally posted by George Zhou View Post
                  Not bad for OPEN section, but none of Girls section has 8 or more players. Would it help to give exceptions to girls who didn't qualify but like to play?
                  Early days yet. Windsor2010 didn't reach 116 players till June 10th, and we ended up with 167 total.

Comment

Originally posted by George Zhou View Post
                    Would it help to give exceptions to girls who didn't qualify but like to play?
                    Yes it would! She likes to play chess, please invite her:

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                      With the exception of ON, BC and AB... are any other provinces where the kids can play in a CYCC qualifier?

Comment

Re : Re: 2012 CYCC - May 28 - Players 116 (Open 91 & Girls 25)

With the exception of ON, BC and AB... are any other provinces where the kids can play in a CYCC qualifier?
                        I believe the Quebec Youth championships act as qualification tournament as well (at least last year).

Comment

An Nguyen Fredericton Under 10
                          Apparently unrated by either CMA or CFC - how did he qualify? Just askin'

Comment

And Jasper Y C Shi (from Beijing) does not seem to have a CFC rating.

How did he (and others) get on the "Qualified Players" list(s)? Here is the list for U10 (there are 253 names on this list alone!):

http://www.bcjuniorchess.com/cycc-20...d-players-u10/

Comment

Re: Re : Re: 2012 CYCC - May 28 - Players 116 (Open 91 & Girls 25)

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
                              I believe the Quebec Youth championships act as qualification tournament as well (at least last year).
                              I could not find anything about 2012 Quebec YCC, do you know anything?

Comment

Working...
                              X