Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Canadian Open

Note from GM Eugene Perelshteyn:

Great job on organizing and directing this year's Canadian Open!

Everything went super-smooth and based on my experience in US tournaments, this is by far the best North-American Open tournament I've ever played in!
    I enjoyed playing chess in one of the most beautiful locations in the world and looking forward to visiting Victoria in the future.

Eugene
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Re: 2012 Canadian Open - Thanks very much GM Eugene Perelshtyn

Originally posted by Paul Leblanc View Post
    Note from GM Eugene Perelshteyn:

Great job on organizing and directing this year's Canadian Open!

Everything went super-smooth and based on my experience in US tournaments, this is by far the best North-American Open tournament I've ever played in!
    I enjoyed playing chess in one of the most beautiful locations in the world and looking forward to visiting Victoria in the future.

Eugene
    Thanks very much for your kind words GM Eugene Perlshteyn. We are very pleased that you had such a great event. As a player who has participated all over North America - we really appreciate your tremendous feedback.

We will let Aris Marghetis, I.A. and the rest of the Ottawa team your desire to play next year (for your 3rd consecutive Canadian Open). Congratulations on your GM at the Grand Pacific Medal win and your second place finish behind our new Canadian Open Champion IM Eric Hansen!

P.S. Thanks for your support and great advice in this video Mr. "Universal"

See you next year! :D

7th Annual Grand Pacific Open - Easter 2013,
    March 29-April 1

A 6 round FIDE & CFC rated Swiss
    $5000 Guaranteed Prize Fund

The Grand Pacific Open is BC's largest chess tournament and this will be it's 7th annual! The main event is a 6 round FIDE and CFC rated Swiss with $5000 in prizes.
    There are also a number of side events which are free if you play in the main event and include an active tournament, Midnight Blitz with $100 in prizes, and a Bughouse tournament to finish off the weekend.

Come join us Easter 2013 in Victoria for the Grand Pacific Open!

Comment

Re: 2012 Canadian Open

Great job guys.

A member of the Hamilton Chess Club, Monica Wood, returned to the club this week and told us she had a wonderful time at the Canadian Open. She was very impressed with the organizers, the weather, the site, and just everything! :D

Comment

Working...
      X