Anton Kovalyov in Canadian Closed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anton Kovalyov in Canadian Closed?

I see that Anton Kovalyov is listed amongst the pre-registrants for the Canadian Closed. Is he considered "Canadian" for FIDE purposes yet? FIDE still shows his federation as Argentina.

http://ccc2012.yolasite.com/participants.php

Does anyone else have problems viewing the CFC Handbook (via the CFC website)? The first few sections are OK, but when I try to look for section 8, I get a gray/black screen with unreadable text.

Re: Anton Kovalyov in Canadian Closed?

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
    does anyone else have problems viewing the CFC Handbook (via the CFC website)? The first few sections are OK, but when I try to look for section 8, I get a gray/black screen with unreadable text.
    IE solves problems ;)

Comment

Originally posted by egidijus Zeromskis View Post
      ie Solves Problems ;)
      L M A O
      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
        L M A O
        really :D
        Firefox messes up. With IE the text is clean

Comment

Re : Anton Kovalyov in Canadian Closed?

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
          I see that Anton Kovalyov is listed amongst the pre-registrants for the Canadian Closed. Is he considered "Canadian" for FIDE purposes yet? FIDE still shows his federation as Argentina.

http://ccc2012.yolasite.com/participants.php

Does anyone else have problems viewing the CFC Handbook (via the CFC website)? The first few sections are OK, but when I try to look for section 8, I get a gray/black screen with unreadable text.
          Before inviting GM Kovalyov for the Canadian Closed, we made sure with FIDE that his transfer would be done in time (at least to represent us at the World Cup if he won). They confirmed he could play in our zonal tournament.
          Regarding the Olympiads, GM Kovalyov just confirmed he won't be playing for Argentina... He doesn't know why they listed him in their team.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
            really :D
            Firefox messes up. With IE the text is clean
            Not sure what version of Firefox people are using, it works perfectly fine in mine. I have the latest version (14.0.1).
            Christopher Mallon
            FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
              I have the latest version (14.0.1).
              hmm. I have 15 (beta) :p

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                hmm. I have 15 (beta) :p
                Beta means they are still testing and there could be bugs. Perhaps that's why you are having an issue? It's not an official version until it's officially released.
                Christopher Mallon
                FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Re: Re : Anton Kovalyov in Canadian Closed?

Anton's flag still shows Argentina because they have officially objected to Anton's transfer. Their objection period (and their compensation entitlements) expire in May 2013. Anton's transfer will take effect no later than July 10.

Comment

Kovalyov & The World Cup

Hi Felix and Hal:

Sorry but I'm a bit confused on dates:

- Kovalyov plays in the Canadian Closed in August, 2012, though still listed by FIDE under the Argentinian Federation. Should he win, he gets to represent Canada in the 2013 World Cup?
                    -Kovalyov is officially listed in the "Canadian Federation " on July 10, 2013(?) at the latest.
                    -The 2013 World Cup is sometime after July 10, 2013? ( I tried searching for the date of the next World Cup - last one was 2011 - but was unsuccessful ). So Anton will be entitled to represent Canada in the World Cup?

Could one of you confirm if I'm getting this right?

Thx.

Bob

Comment

Re : Kovalyov & The World Cup

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                      Hi Felix and Hal:

Sorry but I'm a bit confused on dates:

- Kovalyov plays in the Canadian Closed in August, 2012, though still listed by FIDE under the Argentinian Federation. Should he win, he gets to represent Canada in the 2013 World Cup?
                      -Kovalyov is officially listed in the "Canadian Federation " on July 10, 2013(?) at the latest.
                      -The 2013 World Cup is sometime after July 10, 2013? ( I tried searching for the date of the next World Cup - last one was 2011 - but was unsuccessful ). So Anton will be entitled to represent Canada in the World Cup?

Could one of you confirm if I'm getting this right?

Thx.

Bob
                      Hi Bob,
                      All this is correct. The World Cup will be between August 10 and 5 September 5 2013. If ever GM Kovalyov was to win the Canadian Closed, and then couldn't represent us for some reasons, his place would be attributed to the runner-up (like at the last World Cup, when GM Sambuev had to give his spot to IM Hansen ).

Comment

Re: Re : Kovalyov & The World Cup

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
                        All this is correct. The World Cup will be between August 10 and 5 September 5 2013.
                        Does this mean that the Canadian Closed will not be held in August next year, but in May like it was held in 2011?

Norm

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Kovalyov & The World Cup

Originally posted by Normand Arsenault View Post
                          Does this mean that the Canadian Closed will not be held in August next year, but in May like it was held in 2011?

Norm
                          There is no bid for the 2013 Canadian Closed (non-zonal) yet. The organizers could decide to organize it at any time of the year.

Comment

Canadian Zonal System

Hi Normand:

As I understand the Canadian system the way it seems to be running now, the Aug./12 Canadian Closed is a " zonal ". The Canadian Champion ( if he flies the Canadian flag ) will play in the 2013 World Cup in late summer 2013.

The 2013 Canadian Closed will be a " non-zonal " , and hence can be held anytime.

The 2014 Canadian Closed will again be a " zonal " and it will qualify the winner to the 2015 World Cup.

Maybe the CFC Tournament Coordinator, Pierre Denommee, can confirm this for us.

Bob, CFC Governor

Comment

Re: Re : Anton Kovalyov in Canadian Closed?

Originally posted by Hal Bond View Post
                              Anton's flag still shows Argentina because they have officially objected to Anton's transfer. Their objection period (and their compensation entitlements) expire in May 2013. Anton's transfer will take effect no later than July 10.
                              It's July 25.

Comment

Working...
                              X