Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Live Games - RD. 12 (2nd last )

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    Live Rd. 12 Games on Chessbomb Arena - on now: http://livechess.chessdom.com/site/

Game 13 - Can. IM Eric Hansen's game
    Game 29 - a top game to watch: Ter-Sahakyan, Samvil ( Armenia - 3rd ) - Rapport, Richard ( Hungary - tied 1st/2nd )
    Game 33 - a top game to watch: Wei, Yi ( China - tied 4th-8th ) - Ipatov, Alexander ( Turkey - tied 1st - 2nd )

Bob
    I see Eric won his Round 12 game! Carry on!
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Re: Live Games - RD. 12 (2nd last )

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
      I see Eric won his Round 12 game! Carry on!
      It was a nice game to watch.

I also watched his Ruy Lopez a few days ago in round 10. That was the one where black played 9. .... Nb8. The Breyer system. I thought that system was considered bad for black now. Anyhow that's how it turned out for his high rated opponent.
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Re : At the World Junior

Eric certainly got an early xmas present from Grigoryan. Hard to believe a 2529 player (Grigoryan) can play such an egregious blunder as 32. ...Qe6?? And he can't even claim zeitnot since he had 34+ minutes left on his clock - compared to less than 5 for Eric. Of course, it's often the player not in zeitnot who makes the blunder, often playing too quickly in a futile effort to press the zeitnot advantage.

Comment

Re: Re : At the World Junior

Eric was at least equal at that point. Actually, I think I preferred his position. With best play a draw might have been a reasonable outcome.

Over the course of 13 rounds the breaks tend to even out. I consider that a good win.

The Ruy Lopez is a bread and butter opening for 1. e4 players.
          Gary Ruben
          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
          X