Canadian Open 1997, Winnipeg, Bulletins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Open 1997, Winnipeg, Bulletins

Thanks to David Cohen, I now have a set of these bulletins, 10 in all with 6 to 7 pages each.

No pre-event, no list of participants, no cross-tables, no round by round game results, simply games.

Can anyone tell me definitively if there were more than 10 Bulletins?

Thanks!

Re: Canadian Open 1997, Winnipeg, Bulletins

My files from that open are tucked away somewhere under a large pile of books and papers. Try contacting Cecil Rosner or someone else on the committee. Maybe Manfred Schulz, his brother Waldemar, etc. I think Julian Hodgeson won that Open but he's not likely to have kept the bulletins.

Of course, if I had volunteered to play a larger role then the bulletins would have been superb. lol. As it was, I helped administer the Blitz championship and was lucky that Lynn Stringer came to the rescue with her laptop after our laptop crapped out. Thank you, Lynn.
    Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
      My files from that open are tucked away somewhere under a large pile of books and papers. Try contacting Cecil Rosner or someone else on the committee. Maybe Manfred Schulz, his brother Waldemar, etc. I think Julian Hodgeson won that Open but he's not likely to have kept the bulletins.

Of course, if I had volunteered to play a larger role then the bulletins would have been superb. lol. As it was, I helped administer the Blitz championship and was lucky that Lynn Stringer came to the rescue with her laptop after our laptop crapped out. Thank you, Lynn.
      Can anyone ask one of those named above to contact me, please? I have contacted Mr. Rosner and he referred me to Robert Sasata, but that has not gone anywhere. If you could ask one of the Schulz's to contact me at jkm (at) iprimus (dot) ca , I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post
        Thanks to David Cohen, I now have a set of these bulletins, 10 in all with 6 to 7 pages each.

No pre-event, no list of participants, no cross-tables, no round by round game results, simply games.

Can anyone tell me definitively if there were more than 10 Bulletins?

Thanks!
        My thanks to a kind gentleman in Winnipeg who confirmed there were only 10 bulletins.

Comment

Working...
        X