Round 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Round 10

Even though one of the games must have been painful to watch (I was called away), looks like Canada's headed for an 8-0 day and a chance for another strong Olympiad finish.

Comment

Eric perhaps we should put your games throughout your entire chess career under the same scrutiny. Apparently you improved your chess game the last two years but haven't matured enough to respect other players. Seriously if you're a Gary Ruben wannabee your going down the wrong path.
      Last edited by Duncan Smith; Sunday, 23rd November, 2008, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Women's: I made it Poland 17; Ukraine, Serbia, Georgia 16 each. I don't see any possible pairing for the last round other than Poland-Ukraine and Serbia-Georgia. Nobody else can take gold.

Comment

I would think coming back from behind in an almost hopeless position is a real credit to Canadian ingenuity.
          Last edited by Duncan Smith; Sunday, 23rd November, 2008, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Our guess was the next move wasn't recorded. Not sure at this point.
            Last edited by Duncan Smith; Sunday, 23rd November, 2008, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Smith View Post
              Your comment is not only extremely disrespectful and negative but is entirely misleading and incorrect as well.
              Opinions vary.
              Gary Ruben
              CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Hazel played well after move 30. Gary, it wasn't like watching "a couple of 6 year olds", Hazel played to mazimize her chances, her opponent apparently didn't have a clue how to play the position.

I gotta agree with Steve, the Black king will pick off the a-pawn, and the bishop will take care of the g-pawn, so where's the win? It ain't over till it's over.

Comment

Open: Ukraine is beating Israel, so it'll be
                  Ukraine, Armenia 17; Israel 16.
                  Then China has winning chances against England. If they do, then China is 16 too. But Ukraine has played all three other countries, so they'd get floated down into the 15 group. No predictions on how they pair floaters, but it could be Spain, USA or Netherlands.

As we remember from yesterday, Armenia has already played Israel. China can play either one. Armenia - China and Israel - Russia looks like one reasonable try. Where are the pairing cards? But, again, since we're talking about a floater into a larger group, that's just a wild guess. Maybe Russia, with a decent tiebreaker, won't play any of the countries with higher matchpoints.

Just before posting: the two matches did end as predicted.

Comment

What utter nonesense. Hazel blundered the opening. That is clear. It got real bad when she made the same f pawn error she's made at least three times in the event ( a little coaching at the event might have helped imho ).
                    I hadn't noticed the same error 3 times. Consistency is to be admired.
                    Gary Ruben
                    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

She made the only strategic move possible which was attack and hope for some errors. Once she got there her play was very good she forced her opponent to play well to hold a draw. Very resourceful play.
                      Very good? Is this a stronger player's assessment, or just your opinion? And what do you mean by very good? 1800-strength? 2000-strength? 2400-strength? Ambiguous, feel-good, let's-have-a-group-hug-and-share-our-feelings terminology doesn't apply in chess.
                      everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

I was just referring to women's chess in general lol.I'm joking of course.

Comment

Working...
                        X