IM Samsonkin-FM Jung French Defence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IM Samsonkin-FM Jung French Defence

Ive been asked to post the game (and it will eventually make it to chessgames.com) so here goes: 1.e4 e6 2.d4 d5 3.Nd2 Nf6 4.e5 Nfd7 5.f4 c5 6.c3 Nc6 7.Ndf3 c4 8.b3 b5 9.a4 Na5 10.Nd2 b4 11.Bb2 cxb3 12.c4 dxc4 13.Nxc4 Bb7 14.Nf3 Rc8 15.Nxa5 Qxa5 16.Nd2 Qd5 17.Rc1 Rxc1 18.Qxc1 Be7 19.Rg1 0-0 20.Bc4 Qa5 21.Qa1 Nb6 22.Bxb3 Bd5 23.Bxd5 Nxd5 24.Nb3 Qa6 25.Kf2 Nxf4 26.Qf1 Qxa4 27.Qd1 Qa2 28.Kf3 Qxb2 29.Kxf4 Qf2+ 30.Ke4 Bg5 31.Kd3 Qe3+ 32.Kc2 Rc8+ 33.Kb2 Qf2+ 34.Kb1 Rc3 35.Rh1 a5 0-1 Feel free to make comments, after all this is chesstalk

Re: IM Samsonkin-FM Jung French Defence

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
    Ive been asked to post the game (and it will eventually make it to chessgames.com) so here goes: 1.e4 e6 2.d4 d5 3.Nd2 Nf6 4.e5 Nfd7 5.f4 c5 6.c3 Nc6 7.Ndf3 c4 8.b3 b5 9.a4 Na5 10.Nd2 b4 11.Bb2 cxb3 12.c4 dxc4 13.Nxc4 Bb7 14.Nf3 Rc8 15.Nxa5 Qxa5 16.Nd2 Qd5 17.Rc1 Rxc1 18.Qxc1 Be7 19.Rg1 0-0 20.Bc4 Qa5 21.Qa1 Nb6 22.Bxb3 Bd5 23.Bxd5 Nxd5 24.Nb3 Qa6 25.Kf2 Nxf4 26.Qf1 Qxa4 27.Qd1 Qa2 28.Kf3 Qxb2 29.Kxf4 Qf2+ 30.Ke4 Bg5 31.Kd3 Qe3+ 32.Kc2 Rc8+ 33.Kb2 Qf2+ 34.Kb1 Rc3 35.Rh1 a5 0-1 Feel free to make comments, after all this is chesstalk
    viewer

http://www.chessvideos.tv/chess-game...r.php?id=70283

Comment

My impression is that white's opening was flawed. Shouldn't have played c3 and b3. Then Qxb3 would have been better than Nd2, and somehow white needed to castle. Maybe f4 didn't fit with the subsequent plan.

Comment

Not being a french player myself, I was kind of surprised c4 was played that early without any provocation by white (Usually white has to play a3 for that to happen) Is this a recent idea or has it always been the case? Alan, white's opening is perfectly fine, black usually goes for Qb6 with a Bb4+ in some lines. Samsonkin's opening is just to avoid the main lines in the french tarrasch.
        Shameless self-promotion on display here
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Barkyducky?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Baljeu View Post
          My impression is that white's opening was flawed. Shouldn't have played c3 and b3. Then Qxb3 would have been better than Nd2, and somehow white needed to castle. Maybe f4 didn't fit with the subsequent plan.
          White looked like he was struggling coming out of the opening.
          Gary Ruben
          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

On a more positive note, Hans expertly created weaknesses and piece confusion and exploited the consequent advantages.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Baljeu View Post
              On a more positive note, Hans expertly created weaknesses and piece confusion and exploited the consequent advantages.
              Yes, nice game, Hans.
              "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
              "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
              "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

10. Kd2 seems dubious. Moving with the same piece twice in four moves, just to bring it where already was, can't be good. After that, Black's game just freed up. Looks like a good exemple for a lesson on "Development of Pieces". Nice game Mr. Jung.

Comment

Thanks guys for the comments and thanks Egidijus for posting the game viewer.

Comment

Good preparation in the opening.Even i,will play b3 after your c4.

Comment

Re : IM Samsonkin-FM Jung French Defence

If I ever meet you again Hans, I will remember this thread and do my very best not to lose ... ;).

Comment

Of the Fab Four who played in the playoffs of the 2007 Canadian Championship (you, Noritsyn, Samsonkin, and Livshits) you are the only one I dont have a win against (and I dont expect to:))

Comment

Re : Re: IM Samsonkin-FM Jung French Defence

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
                          Of the Fab Four who played in the playoffs of the 2007 Canadian Championship (you, Noritsyn, Samsonkin, and Livshits) you are the only one I dont have a win against (and I dont expect to:))
                          To be honest Hans, losing to a nice fellow like you would almost make me happy! :) Keep that in mind if it ever happens ;).

Comment

Re : Re: IM Samsonkin-FM Jung French Defence

Originally posted by Jean Hébert View Post
                            To be honest Hans, losing to a nice fellow like you would almost make me happy! :) Keep that in mind if it ever happens ;).
                            Hopefully, Hans will channel a little Rashid Nezhmetdnov that fateful day (:

Mikhail Tal is said to have remarked that his loss to his good friend (whom he often played all night blitz sessions with, fueled by vodka laced strong black tea), Rashid Nezhmetdnov (Super Nezh), in Baku, the "Evergreen Rashid" game, was the happiest day of his life because of the beauty on the board he got to witness firsthand that day.

http://www.onlinechesslessons.net/20...tal-baku-1961/

Super Nezh has the better of Tal at Chessgames.com in classical chess, 3 wins and 1 solitary loss. No draws between these two supreme attackers. Too bad their respective lifestyles delivered them to Caissa so prematurely.

Comment

Here's the game. It wasnt easy to find. Did you know there are thousands of pages in the archives? Is there an easier way to search?

Comment

Working...
                              X