tournaments I am planning for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tournaments I am planning for

Hi there, I am planning which chess tournaments to hit between now and New Year's, and here is what I have heard of so far. I am in the Ottawa area, and don't mind a 1-day drive.

Thanksgiving : open to Montreal/Toronto/other ideas
    October 19th-21st : Ottawa (National Capital Open)
    November 3rd-4th : Hal Bond's Pro-Am in Guelph
    November 16th-18th : Ottawa (Ottawa Winter Open)
    December 26th-30th : the Pere Noel in Montreal

Any other suggestions/recommendations? I prefer longer time controls, less rounds per day, and am trying to build a FIDE rating (regardless of how lousy it will actually be, LOL ;)

Thanks in advance, and best regards.
    Last edited by Aris Marghetis; Wednesday, 19th September, 2012, 11:18 PM. Reason: added the dates for Pere Noel

Re: tournaments I am planning for

Hi Aris:

At this point, I don't think there is any Thanksgiving tournament planned for Toronto.

Pre-Christmas - Alex Ferreira announced at the Toronto Labour Day Open, that the Hart House CC would again organize the " Holidays Open ", which has been the weekend before Christmas.

Bob

Comment

I also was hoping to play in a Thanksgiving event in Ontario
      Paul Leblanc
      Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

There will most likely be a fairly major event around New Years - hoping to have details out VERY soon :)

(Possibly preliminary details later today even)
        Christopher Mallon
        FIDE Arbiter

Comment

The Pere Noel event in Montreal - held every year from Dec. 26-30 since 1976 - will be FIDE rated. It has attracted as many as 256 players.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
            The Pere Noel event in Montreal - held every year from Dec. 26-30 since 1976 - will be FIDE rated. It has attracted as many as 256 players.
            Thanks Hugh, I loved playing that event as a teenager, and look forward to returning.

If you notice an ad for it, and/or a Thanksgiving event around Montreal, please repost.

Best regards, Aris.

Comment

Working...
            X