La Ligue D'Échecs de L'Outaouais - Publication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Ligue D'Échecs de L'Outaouais - Publication

If you get bored by a history of Canadian chess publications, do not read any further.

They started a publication called Légéchecs (derived from their chess club name, La Club d'Échecs Légion) in 1978 (deduced because volume 2 is dated 1979). It ran until issue # 8, dated April/1980. I note that volume 2 was dropped after a couple of issues and the numbers continued to increase into the 3rd (?) year, 1980. I wonder about volume 2 as their problem column began in that volume 2, # 1 issue with problem # 1. Thus, either it was a new feature or something was messed up regarding volume numbering. I recall EXCLAM! in Winnipeg being a simple sheet of paper for the first few issues before a magazine took over. I wonder....

Then, MATOU began to be published the month after this final (?) issue of Légéchecs. MATOU was the publication of La Ligue D'Échecs de L'Outaouais. Its first issue was dated the month after Légéchecs' final issue. It began with issue # 1 dated May/1980. It ran occasionally until issue # 30, dated September/1995 (all I seem to have anyway).

Can anyone confirm if volume 1 of Légéchecs exists and is an original or copy available for purchase? Can anyone confirm that issue # 30 was the final issue of MATOU?

If e-mail addresses are available for Gilles Jobin or Gilles Groleau, both of whom were involved in running one or both of these publications, I would appreciate it. You can send to jkm@sympatico.ca .
    Last edited by Ken MacDonald; Monday, 24th November, 2008, 04:07 PM.
Working...
X