Where will Dalton McGuinty end up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where will Dalton McGuinty end up?

This is a poll to see where respondents think that Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty will end up, after announcing today that he plans to step down.
    Obscurity, after losing to Justin Trudeau in a federal Liberal leadership race
    10.53%
    In the cabinet of a Federal Liberal government headed by Justin Trudeau
    5.26%
    Working in a law firm
    15.79%
    Kingston, Ontario
    5.26%
    None of the above
    5.26%
    Who cares
    57.89%
    Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Re: Where will Dalton McGuinty end up?

Kingston? :p
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
      Kingston? :p
      Yes, Kingston. :)

For those who believe in karma.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post

In case anyone's stumped, I'm not thinking of Kingston city hall, but rather another well known, less well furnished institution there.

Comment

I posted Kingston before the poll went up, just so everyone knows :p

My actual answer is "None of the Above" - I doubt he's done anything actually illegal. But I believe that the not-illegal things he's done are enough to make him basically unelectable at any level. Plus unlike someone such as Jim Flaherty, he actually pissed off his base of supporters. Flaherty pissed off a lot of people, but I don't think any of them were Conservative voters :p
          Last edited by Christopher Mallon; Monday, 15th October, 2012, 10:37 PM.
          Christopher Mallon
          FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Strange, why didn't the poll record your vote?!

Are you being prevented from voting again, or did you pick a different option later (if you don't mind saying)?

[edit: Oh, I see you edited your post, to explain]

Comment

Is giving the taxpayers a bill for a quarter of a billion dollars (some people claim this is the minimum amount) because of a political decision a de facto misappropriation of public funds? I voted for Kingston.
              "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
              "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
              "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

In case anyone's stumped, I'm not thinking of Kingston city hall, but rather another well known, less well furnished institution there.
                Queen`s university? I don`t think you mean Royal Military College since he is not a military guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
                  Is giving the taxpayers a bill for a quarter of a billion dollars (some people claim this is the minimum amount) because of a political decision a de facto misappropriation of public funds? I voted for Kingston.
                  Oh, that Kingston. Well if he`s going there then there should be a lot of American bank heads doing the perp walk to the minimum security prison Conrad Black used to call home. Not to mention the bank regulators who were derelict in their duties. I am sure Bob`s 99 per cent would be happy to see that they do.

Comment

My actual answer is "None of the Above" - I doubt he's done anything actually illegal. But I believe that the not-illegal things he's done are enough to make him basically unelectable at any level. Plus unlike someone such as Jim Flaherty, he actually pissed off his base of supporters. Flaherty pissed off a lot of people, but I don't think any of them were Conservative voters :p
                    How do you justify a claim that he pissed off his base when he was reelected to a short by one seat minority. Usually if you piss off your base you lose badly and are no longer premier.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
                      I didn't vote in that poll. However, I read the cost will likely be closer to 600 or 700 million. It's hard to know the real number.

Moving those plants at this stage isn't very practical. Unless the new plants are under construction, I wouldn't be surprised to see them completed at their current locations.
                      Gary Ruben
                      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Zeljko Kitich View Post
                        Oh, that Kingston. Well if he`s going there then there should be a lot of American bank heads doing the perp walk to the minimum security prison Conrad Black used to call home. Not to mention the bank regulators who were derelict in their duties. I am sure Bob`s 99 per cent would be happy to see that they do.
                        I'd love to see such people held to account for their unlawful actions (provided they legally deserve it, of course...I'm not out to 'hunt down' the 1% just because they're part of the 1%).
                        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Zeljko Kitich View Post
                          How do you justify a claim that he pissed off his base when he was reelected to a short by one seat minority. Usually if you piss off your base you lose badly and are no longer premier.
                          It's been a while since the last election you know. He's had time since then.
                          Christopher Mallon
                          FIDE Arbiter

Comment

I guess either he decided he didn't like minority government (can't get your way) or the Liberal insiders decided he should go, and not like how Crétien left.

Comment

Working...
                            X