CCN Survey: Format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCN Survey: Format

I am moving the surveys on CCN to ChessTalk, as we seem to have gotten a higher response rate from CFC members.

In this poll, I'd like to consider what sort of presentation format would be of most interest to people.

Q: Assuming the content was of interest to you, what kind of format would work best for you.
    CFC Member: Monthly PDF file from website
    18.75%
    CFC Member: Weekly PDF file from website
    12.50%
    CFC Member: Just post individual articles in sequence (like chessbase)
    25.00%
    CFC Member: Post individual articles, but place them in categories by subject or author
    12.50%
    CFC Member: Printed magazine either mailed to me or sent to clubs for distribution
    18.75%
    Non Member: PDF file from website (6-12 times per year)
    6.25%
    Non Member: More frequent PDF file from website (24 times per year)
    0.00%
    Non Member: Just post individual articles in sequence (like chessbase)
    6.25%
    Non Member: Post individual articles, but place them in categories by subject or author
    0.00%
    Non Member: Printed magazine either mailed to me or sent to clubs for distribution
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Re: CCN Survey: Format

Well, this poll is pretty divided, so far, but it looks to me like there are a lot more people out there who could vote.

Comment

Just post them on the website with individual pdf download like Chess Cafe does.

Comment

My problem with websites when it come to members, is that CFC loses touch with many members who will not bother to visit the website. An e-mail newsletter keeps CFC in direct touch with all members - it helps cement the relationship, and the benefit the member is receiving.

Bob

Comment

I agree with Bob. It doesn't have to be elaborate but it needs to be pushed out to the members not pulled from the website.
          Paul Leblanc
          Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Leblanc View Post
            I agree with Bob. It doesn't have to be elaborate but it needs to be pushed out to the members not pulled from the website.
            Rather than sending large number of big emails, it would be better to send an email with a link to download the newsletter and other useful links or small breaking news (Canadian) items. Jamming people's inboxes with 10Mb attachments is a sure fire way to get people to unsubscribe real fast.
            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Working...
            X