Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re : Wycc 2012

Originally posted by Jack Maguire View Post
    The games obviously started considerably earlier today.
    Today they play two games.

Comment

Unfortunately, ChessBomb does not have Harmony's game so I don't know how she fared in her match with the #1 seed.
      Zhu Harmony 1/2 - 1/2 Juhasz Judit

and Round Six

Tereshechkina Taisiya RUS 1642 4 - 4½ Zhu Harmony CAN

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Wycc 2012

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
        Today they play two games.
        Thanks for the info and the Harmony update.
        Last edited by Jack Maguire; Monday, 12th November, 2012, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Re : Wycc 2012

Richard (Wang) has drawn both his games today so now sits at 5/6.

Comment

Richard (Wang) has drawn both his games today so now sits at 5/6.
            Why on earth did you use parentheses there?

Comment

Originally posted by Aman Hambleton View Post
              Why on earth did you use parentheses there?
              Given there's only one Richard on the team, both the parentheses and the Wang were unnecessary. I initially just typed Richard, then had a brief (erroneous) thought that there might be a 2nd Richard on the team. Mea culpa.

Comment

Re : Wycc 2012

Anyone know how Razvan made out in his game? If he managed to win with the Black pieces he would join Richard in joint 2nd at 5/6.

Comment

Anyone know how Razvan made out in his game? If he managed to win with the Black pieces he would join Richard in joint 2nd at 5/6.
                  It looks like he lost in Round 6 (I assume that is what we are talking about):

Paravyan David 2285 4 1 - 0 4 Preotu Razvan 2086

from: http://www.wycc2012.com/pairs_results.html#tabs-min1
                  -change the filters at top to round number and CAN federation... (when all rounds are included, it gets a little hard to understand at a glance)

Although that site shows results from Rd 6, www.chess-results.com does not currently show those results,
                  so perhaps the official site is not to be trusted? Dunno. One would thing the official site would have correct current information...
                  Last edited by Kerry Liles; Monday, 12th November, 2012, 05:33 PM. Reason: more info
                  ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                    It looks like he lost in Round 6 (I assume that is what we are talking about):
                    Paravyan David 2285 4 1 - 0 4 Preotu Razvan 2086

from: http://www.wycc2012.com/pairs_results.html#tabs-min1

change the filters at top to round number and CAN federation... (when all rounds are included, it gets a little hard to understand at a glance)
                    Harmony and Qiyu lost as well so it looks like the Mamas and the Papas were spot on in their ode to Monday (i.e. 'Monday, Monday'), "you can't trust that day".

Comment

Re: Wycc 2012

Does it seem a little odd that there are no Quebec players on the team?
                      No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan S. Berson View Post
                        Does it seem a little odd that there are no Quebec players on the team?
                        Not really, given that there were no Quebec players at the CYCC ...

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Wright View Post
                          Not really, given that there were no Quebec players at the CYCC ...
                          And, apparently none of the potential players in Quebec (assuming there are any?) bothered to apply for the (controversial to some) exemption from the CFC Executive (not available in any store; certain fees must be paid; may cause bloating and irritability; not available in all circumstances... etc)

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                            http://www.wycc2012.com/pairs_results.html#tabs-min1 ... shows results from Rd 6, www.chess-results.com does not currently show those results, so perhaps the official site is not to be trusted? Dunno. One would think the official site would have correct current information...
                            The WYCC official site has UNOFFICIAL results; I think they wait till the entire section is finished, and all the i's are dotted and the t's crossed, before the results become official and are posted to www.chess-results.com

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
                              The WYCC official site has UNOFFICIAL results; I think they wait till the entire section is finished, and all the i's are dotted and the t's crossed, before the results become official and are posted to www.chess-results.com
                              Thanks. I did notice the WYCC site said the results were unofficial, but at some point I suppose they have to become official? Hell of a way to run a railroad.

Comment

So Razvan won his fifth game against that CM but lost his 2nd game against an opponent of similar rating, putting him at 4/6.
                                University and Chess, a difficult mix.

Comment

Working...
                                X