Motahare Asadi (9.5) vs Harmony Zhu (7.5) – the moment of truth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Motahare Asadi (9.5) vs Harmony Zhu (7.5) – the moment of truth

Apparently Harmony was troubled by some kind of stomach flu during the tournament. This may have prevented her from performing up to her full potential.

Comment

Illness was a reason for losing when I was a junior. None of us ever beat a well opponent.
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
        ---
        Gary, there could be a CC connection to this match. I think the coach of the IRN girl is IM (FIDE) and GM (ICCF) ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
          I think the coach of the IRN girl is IM (FIDE) and GM (ICCF) ;)
          ICCF GM from which country? I didn't know IRN had any.
          Gary Ruben
          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Gary, there could be a CC connection to this match. I think the coach of the IRN girl is IM (FIDE) and GM (ICCF) ;)
            By the way, Egid, have you ever tried Klobasa and Kisdo Zelje?

The indgredients are:
            4 Klobasa (sausages)
            2 cans Sauerkraut
            Salt and pepper
            1 clove of minced garlic.

That should clean you out. You can probably have some horseradish with it.

The Zavitek is nice. It's like strudel as far as I know.
            Gary Ruben
            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

ICCF GM from which country? I didn't know IRN had any.
              They bought him from LTU :)

Comment

By the way, Egis, have you ever tried Klobasa and Kisdo Zelje?

The indgredients are:
                4 Klobasa (sausages)
                2 cans Sauerkraut
                Salt and pepper
                1 clove of minced garlic.
                "Kisdo Zelje"? (Polish? Have no idea what that means)
                Klobasa - probably Kolbasa.

Back home we did not use cans. Sauerkraut was from a barrel (like a wood wine barrel), typically with hot boiled potatoes. A typical meal in cold winter. In fall one weekend would be dedicated to pickling cabbages. :D

Comment

Probably means Kislo Zelje, "sour cabbage".

Comment

They bought him from LTU :)
                    The only one who comes to mind is Grabliauskas.
                    Gary Ruben
                    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

In fall one weekend would be dedicated to pickling cabbages. :D
                      I like a nice big pot of cabbage rolls. Too much for one meal but they can be frozen and reheated at a later date. The first meal tastes the best.

Some of my friends mothers were great cooks. I always remembered to compliment then on how nice the meal tasted so I would get invited back. Mostly the chess club was players from all over Europe.
                      Gary Ruben
                      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

The only one who comes to mind is Grabliauskas.
                        bingo! :) He became Iran youth coach several years ago. I'll ask him what his methods were :)

Comment

I like a nice big pot of cabbage rolls.
                          What did they use for stuffing?
                          My relatives - ground beef/pork and rice + spices. I do not recall that my wife ever did them, too much time consuming process. It is easier to go to in-laws or invite a MiL here LOL

Comment

bingo! :) He became Iran youth coach several years ago. I'll ask him what his methods were :)
                            Probably he knows a lot of theory and can play strategical and sharp tactical chess. Other than that you need a talent for teaching and a student who catches on. He plays CC Olympiads for LTU.
                            Gary Ruben
                            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

What did they use for stuffing?
                              My relatives - ground beef/pork and rice + spices. I do not recall that my wife ever did them, too much time consuming process. It is easier to go to in-laws or invite a MiL here LOL
                              Ground beef, rice, 2 eggs to bind the ground beef and rice, cabbage, tomato juice, spices and chopped onion. (we use 2 lbs (1 Kilo) of ground beef and a large cabbage.)

Immerse cabbage in boiling water to loosen leaves. Cut the stalk from leaves and keep to line bottom of pot (we use a dutch over which holds more). Mix together the beef, rice, onion and egg and spices. Roll to size you want each one and wrap cabbage around. Line bottom of the pot with the cabbage stalks (to prevent any burning of the cabbage rolls) and put in the cabbage rolls as you make them. Pour tomato juice over cabbage rolls to cover them. Bring to a boil and let simmer for roughly 2 hours on the top of the stove. It lightly boils to cook the meat well. So after it boils you turn the heat down so it will simmer. My wife is the chef.

Don't blame me if it doesn't work out. :)

When your guests walk through the door they won't have to ask what's for dinner. :)

I remember good recipes like chess lines.
                              Last edited by Gary Ruben; Sunday, 25th November, 2012, 11:08 PM.
                              Gary Ruben
                              CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
                              X