Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Canadian Junior - Drawing of lots at noon today

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
    Francis Rodrigues, the CMA Regional Coordinator that got our incredible site at the Briton House, is telling me that we will have live webcam during the event. We are looking for someone to provide a daily blog on the event.
    Webcam - what quality do you expect? Will you have a broadband internet?
    Hire Alex for blogging. Most interesting writings about tournaments :)

I may come for a visit, probably on Dec 30 to observe most interesting matches (imho), and to take some pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
      Webcam - what quality do you expect? Will you have a broadband internet?
      Hire Alex for blogging. Most interesting writings about tournaments :)

I may come for a visit, probably on Dec 30 to observe most interesting matches (imho), and to take some pictures.

Hi Egidijus,

Thanks for your contribution! Yes you earned a reward...so stop by the shop :).

I must confess that the crazy holiday season has pushed this event into the background for me...but today I woke up to the reality that we start in just over a week :).

I just spoke to the folks at Monroi and they will train me on how to use their system in the next 48 hours...hmmm...they think a half hour will do it...they probably never had a student like me before :).

Soo...we will hope for live coverage at Monroi.com...ChessTalk will follow things quickly...and now I need a good blogger...I approached Jack Maguire...we were suppose to look at this again but never got around to it...I approached Bob Armstrong but I think my e-mail went to his junk mail file :)...I think other candidates include Alex and Vlad....and Egidijus is awesome for pics and techno stuff!

Bottom line...ChessTalk.com will have everything on the Canadian Junior!

So don't miss the action!

The Chess'n Math Association is celebrating its 20th year in Toronto! Yes we opened in the basement at 1681 Bayview in September 1993! It was our first experience outside of Montreal so we started in a modest fashion. We met with the Toronto chess mafia at the time and we received their blessing :). Honestly, Toronto has been great for us! We have had long term relationships with many great people such as Omar Shaw, Andrew McMillan, Mike McArthur, Youri Otchkous, Liam Henry, John Henry, Nadia Chichkina...and so many others! Today Toronto has become our greatest asset thanks to the incredible effrots of Francis Rodrigues and his team (which includes family members Clara and Gary :). The energy in this city is inspiring!

So the Canadian Junior is one of the events that we are brininging to the city in this celebration...and now we are working on bringing the North American Youth Chess Championship to Toronto this summer..and our lease on Mount Pleasant expires June 15, 2012...and we are looking at either buying or renting on Eglinton near Avenue road...your thoughts are appreciated!

THANK YOU TORONTO!!

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
        No T Name CFC FIDE Prov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
        1 . Qin 2449 2263 ON * . . . . . . . . .
        2 . Song 2322 2177 ON . * . . . . . . . .
        3 . Preotu 2300 2109 ON . . * . . . . . . .
        4 FM Sapozhnikov 2440 2334 ON . . . * . . . . . .
        5 FM Jiang 2406 2328 QC . . . . * . . . . .
        6 . Chiku-Ratte 2187 2064 QC . . . . . * . . . .
        7 . Kraiouchkine 2351 2245 QC . . . . . . * . . .
        8 . Szalay 2392 2159 ON . . . . . . . * . .
        9 FM Kleinman 2368 2307 ON . . . . . . . . * .
        10 IM Wang 2454 2370 AB . . . . . . . . . *
        Numbers link to CFC and FIDE ID webpages.
        Just an amazing piece of work that needs to be quoted ^

Comment

Originally posted by Aman Hambleton View Post
          Just an amazing piece of work that needs to be quoted ^
          Thanks to Rene Preotu for listing the event at chess-results.com for us...go to:

http://www.chess-results.com/tnr87913.aspx?art=2&lan=1

Comment

It looks like the way the lots were drawn the probable championship game, between Wang and Qin, will be in round 1.
            Gary Ruben
            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Re : Re: Canadian Junior - Drawing of lots at noon today

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
              It looks like the way the lots were drawn the probable championship game, between Wang and Qin, will be in round 1.
              Funny. I thought the championship game would be the last one : Jiang-Wang

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Canadian Junior - Drawing of lots at noon today

Maybe Qin and Wang will draw in round 1 and see who can beat the most opponents in the rest of their games.
                Gary Ruben
                CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Canadian Junior - Drawing of lots at noon today

My prevision for round 1:

Qin Zi Yi (joey) 0-1 Wang Richard
                  Song Michael .5-.5 Kleinman Michael
                  Preotu Razvan 1-0 Szalay Karoly
                  Sapozhnikov Roman .5-.5 Kraiouchkine Nikita
                  Jiang Louie 1-0 Chiku-Ratte Olivier Kenta

Anyone else?
                  Last edited by Andrei Botez; Tuesday, 18th December, 2012, 05:05 PM. Reason: Louie is not in college yet

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Re: Canadian Junior - Drawing of lots at noon today

Originally posted by Andrei Botez View Post
                    My prevision for round 1:

Preotu Razvan 1-0 Szalay Karoly
                    Jiang Louie 0-1 Chiku-Ratte Olivier Kenta

Anyone else?
                    As much as I like Kenta's style, Louie is still stronger. Also, I wouldn't underestimate Karoly, even though he didn't play much recently.

Preotu Razvan .5-.5 Szalay Karoly
                    Jiang Louie 1-0 Chiku-Ratte Olivier Kenta

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Canadian Junior - Drawing of lots at noon today

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
                      As much as I like Kenta's style, Louie is still stronger. Also, I wouldn't underestimate Karoly, even though he didn't play much recently.
                      Karoly and Louie are in college, their time to prepare for chess is not the same as for the "young beavers"

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Canadian Junior - Drawing of lots at noon today

Originally posted by Andrei Botez View Post
                        Karoly and Louie are in college, their time to prepare for chess is not the same as for the "young beavers"
                        True. But Louie is not yet in College (Quebec do not have freshman year), he is still in Cegep. However, it is probably at least as much time-consuming (at least, he doesn't study life sciences!). In any case, Louie is probably the most serious chess player in his preparation that I know.

I guess it's hard to make any predictions on this tournament. We'll just watch and enjoy!

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Canadian Junior - Drawing of lots at noon today

True. But Louie is not yet in College (Quebec do not have freshman year), he is still in Cegep. However, it is probably at least as much time-consuming (at least, he doesn't study life sciences!). In any case, Louie is probably the most serious chess player in his preparation that I know.

I guess it's hard to make any predictions on this tournament. We'll just watch and enjoy!
                          Do you study life-sciences?

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Canadian Junior - Drawing of lots at noon today

Louie is probably the most serious chess player in his preparation that I know.
                            Then, based on inside info, I change the result for Louis to win his 1st round!

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Canadian Junior - Drawing of lots at noon today

Originally posted by Andy Shaw View Post
                              Do you study life-sciences?
                              No. I am not in Cegep anymore and I study physics, mathematics and computer science.
                              However, nothing is more competitive than life sciences in Cegeps. Since the students can directly enter in medecine at university (no bachelor degree is required like in the rest of Canada or the USA), there is huge competition for the few spots in medecine (one needs to be in the top 5% to have a chance of getting to the interview).

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
                                Thanks to Rene Preotu for listing the event at chess-results.com for us...go to:

http://www.chess-results.com/tnr87913.aspx?art=2&lan=1
                                Ask Rene to keep updating results too.
                                To keep updating my crosstable might be very challenging. I certainly will not do that. :D

Comment

Working...
                                X