Entire Olympic Team from Alberta in 2014?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entire Olympic Team from Alberta in 2014?

No, not official press but Id like to see it. Now if only Rocket Rob Gardner could up his game to make an excellent board 4! What dya think? Definitely that would take the heat off Ontario and Quebec.

Re: Entire Olympic Team from Alberta in 2014?

I am confused.

Who would be on the four boards?

Comment

Well lets see!? Eric Hansen, Richard Wang, Edward Porper, Rocket Rob Gardner, and a developmental prospect. (and of course Alberta might have some suggestions):D

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
        No, not official press but Id like to see it. Now if only Rocket Rob Gardner could up his game to make an excellent board 4! What dya think? Definitely that would take the heat off Ontario and Quebec.
        Easy on the egg nog :)

Comment

Hans, email me your number, so that I can call you to build on your "egg nogged" idea! ;)

Comment

Lol, you forgot about those secret GMs that we are bringing in from Russia. Their federation change should be official before the next Olympiad!

P.S. Did we skip a few months ahead to a different holiday yet? :-)

Comment

Well lets see!? Eric Hansen, Richard Wang, Edward Porper, Rocket Rob Gardner, and a developmental prospect. (and of course Alberta might have some suggestions):D
              Actually while we are at it, FM Vladimir Pechenkin would be closer to making the team than the "Rocket."

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Rekhson View Post
                Actually while we are at it, FM Vladimir Pechenkin would be closer to making the team than the "Rocket."
                Alberta should be very proud with their accomplishments over the last few years!

Alberta is the new Quebec of old!

Congratulations...you are doing great things!

One request: Could you move your tournament off my dates for the National finals of the CCC please :). Let's work together on this :)

Larry

Comment

Maybe I am wrong, but as far as I understand under the new agreement, Quebec federation has a 1/3 of the votes for the Olympic team. With the other 2/3 of the votes going to Ontario, my guess is that even Eric will have hard time to qualify if he is not moving to Toronto or Montreal ASAP!

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Boron View Post
                    Easy on the egg nog :)
                    No, no Im serious - and just as soon as I sober up I'll be even more serious:D

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Rekhson View Post
                      But we want exciting chess - nobody can provide excitement like the Rocket!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrei Botez View Post
                        Maybe I am wrong, but as far as I understand under the new agreement, Quebec federation has a 1/3 of the votes for the Olympic team. With the other 2/3 of the votes going to Ontario, my guess is that even Eric will have hard time to qualify if he is not moving to Toronto or Montreal ASAP!

Cheers!
                        Yes I know we here in Ontario have the rules in a "straitjacket" but cant we suspend "reality" for a bit? - Cant we field the most exciting team??

Comment

Re : Re: Entire Olympic Team from Alberta in 2014?

Originally posted by Andrei Botez View Post

Cheers!
                          There's no doubt he will be part of the next team (if he wants to play, of course). Sambuev and Kovalyov also said they would be interested. If we manage to convince another GM (Roussel-Roozmon, Bluvshtein, Charbonneau)... We might have an all GM team! The fifth player could be a strong, young IM (Wang, Cheng, Noritsyn...).

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Entire Olympic Team from Alberta in 2014?

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
                            The fifth player could be a strong, young IM (Wang, Cheng, Noritsyn...).
                            IM Hambleton is higher rated than Wang, Cheng, and Noritsyn. He is also very active at the moment and is gaining FIDE as we speak. He will soon be 2500.

Oh, did I also mention he is stronger?

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Entire Olympic Team from Alberta in 2014?

Originally posted by Andy Shaw View Post
                              IM Hambleton is higher rated than Wang, Cheng, and Noritsyn. He is also very active at the moment and is gaining FIDE as we speak. He will soon be 2500.

Oh, did I also mention he is stronger?
                              IM to be... see other thread about the slight delays in awarding titles from FIDE. He is tearing things up lately, so he is a strong contender for pretty much anything he enters.
                              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Working...
                              X