Brooklyn Castle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brooklyn Castle

Brooklyn Castle an uplifting documentary about chess, ambitious students and public education

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/enterta...#ixzz2HHsue5S0

Re: Brooklyn Castle

But where is it available?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Ritchie View Post
      But where is it available?
      I got an email:

Dear Brooklyn Castle Supporters,

Hello and Happy New Year!

2012 was a BIG year for us and we're thrilled to have shared so many important milestones with you. You've told us how Brooklyn Castle has inspired you and you've shared your stories of learning and teaching chess, running afterschool programs, fighting against budget cuts and supporting your neighborhood public schools - we love hearing all of these stories so please keep them coming!!!

Here's what we are looking forward to in 2013:

1. Brooklyn Castle is OPENING IN NEW CITIES this month like Pittsburgh, PA, Kansas City, MO, Sacramento, CA, Chicago, IL and more. Check out the full list here.

2. On February 5 the film will be AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD on iTunes and Movies on Demand.

3. Has Brooklyn Castle not been to your town yet? Now you can HOST A SCREENING at your local theater with Tugg.com. Here's how to get started:
      -Visit our Brooklyn Castle Tugg page and request a screening. You pick the date and the theater and tailor fit the screening event for your community. It can be a fundraiser for your school, afterschool group or non-profit, or just a fun night out at the theater for local film lovers! Submit your request and a Tugg representative will be in touch to work out all the details.
      -And please feel free to email us at info@brooklyncastle.com with any questions.

4. We're getting ready to launch a COMMUNITY SCREENING TOUR and we want to bring Brooklyn Castle to your school auditoriums, non-profit headquarters, chess clubs, and community centers.
      Want more info? Please email the following details to info@brooklyncastle.com:
      -Your name, city and state
      -Your organization or school
      -Desired screening dates
      -Estimated audience size

And before signing off, here's a quick look back at some of our favorite moments from 2012:

-Brooklyn Castle world premiered at SXSW where it won the AUDIENCE AWARD!
      -I.S. 318 became the first junior high school team ever to win the United States Chess Federation's HIGH SCHOOL CHAMPIONSHIP.
      -JON HAMM AND JENNIFER WESTFELDT showed their support for Brooklyn Castle.
      -We celebrated the game of chess and our opening weekend at CHESSFEST in New York City.
      -Pobo Efekoro and Katie Dellamaggiore were guests on THE DAILY SHOW WITH JON STEWART. Pobo schools Jon on the chessboard!
      -Brooklyn Castle is ONE OF THE BEST REVIEWED FILMS OF 2012!
      -We've been nominated for an NAACP IMAGE AWARD FOR BEST DOCUMENTARY. Watch the show February 1 on NBC!

Thank you for all your support so far. We are truly grateful!
      The Brooklyn Castle Team

SHARE BROOKLYN CASTLE
      Forward this email to a friend
      Watch and share our official trailer
      Become a fan on Facebook
      Follow us on Twitter
      If you're interested, I could forward this email with all the links to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Barron View Post
        I got an email:

If you're interested, I could forward this email with all the links to you.
        This seems to be a key sentence:

On February 5 the film will be AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD on iTunes and Movies on Demand.

Once it is downloadable, it will only be a short time before it shows up on youtube or other less public sites...
        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Now is available on iTunes:
          https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/br...brooklyncastle

Comment

Originally posted by Andrei Botez View Post
            Thanks for the link Andrei...

I will see if one of my Apple-enabled kids can look into it for me.
            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

I rented it on iTunes. It is really quite good.

Comment

Re : Brooklyn Castle

NewsOne has a short feature on one of the stars of Brooklyn Castle, Justus Williams.

http://newsone.com/2193963/justus-williams-chess/

Comment

Re: Re : Brooklyn Castle

Brooklyn Castle is still very much in the news:

http://www.brooklyneagle.com/article...ams-2013-10-04

Comment

Hi : Brooklyn Castle movie is on PBS WNED Buffalo tonite Oct.7/13 at 10pm Rogers channel 61 in Scarborough

Wilf Ferner

Comment

Another of the Brooklyn Castle young stars, Rochelle Ballantyne, now 18, was featured in the N.Y. Daily News yesterday.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1568038

Comment

Working...
                      X