Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Canadian chess player cards

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post

I think major league sports has an agreement which allows the players images to be used on sports cards. Chess cards would be more a matter for the federations than individuals.
    This is something for FIDE (unfortunately) to work on. It needs to make an agreement with top players for chess cards which I believe would have some success internationally.

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
    Are the current chess card, which I didn't know existed, free or is there a charge?
    What I have seen looks quite expensive to me. But clearly those cards are collectibles likely to draw interest from non-chessplaying collectors.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Hébert View Post
      What I have seen looks quite expensive to me. But clearly those cards are collectibles likely to draw interest from non-chessplaying collectors.
      Yes. Many collectors will collect anything they think will be of value in the future. It will give awareness to the game and the players.

Here's a baseball card from 1865 and the price they expect to get at auction. Unreal.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...-card/1820835/
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

if the titled player in question is a sexy looking female chess player over the age of 18 I might consider it. Having in my possesion a chess playing card of a male player that I actually paid for is super gay. Cards showcasing chess players as athlete figures is just laughable. Chess is not a sport but just a game so dont try and make it more than it is. I would not want any guy having a chess picture of me but if I female player over the age of 18 wants one than you can make one for her. I think the card should have my phone number on it as well incase she wants to reach me.

Comment

Working...
        X