Hamilton Winter Open 2013 - March 23-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hamilton Winter Open 2013 - March 23-24

I had a nice chat with Walter De Jong during the tournament. He's from upstate New York. An American enjoying Canadian tournaments and contributing to our chess culture. Amazing!:D

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
      Congratulations to Adam Cormier for beating Razvan so nicely.
      I think you mean Adam beating Roman. :p Adam never played Razvan at this tournament.

Adam did beat Roman in a very nice game indeed. :D

It was a very nice tournament indeed. Great job to all organizers for making this possible.

Comment

Yes I know. I guess I have Razvan on my mind.:D Thanks for the correction Mikhail.

Comment

Someone left a nice black lunch bag in the "Chess Lounge" for parents. If you think this belongs to you please email me at chesshamilton@gmail.com and tell me the make of the bag.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
            I had a nice chat with Walter De Jong during the tournament. He's from upstate New York. An American enjoying Canadian tournaments and contributing to our chess culture. Amazing!:D
            Americans have come many times to the Niagara Falls tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeljko Kitich View Post
              Americans have come many times to the Niagara Falls tournaments.
              Indeed - I recall an American physician, as well as an American clergy member, playing in Niagara Falls a few years ago.

I, on the other hand, am actually Canadian. Although I haven't lived in Canada for 25-plus years. When you become a highly specialized scientist, you just move to wherever the (rare) job openings in your discipline happen to be. For me, that's meant Canada->USA->England->Scotland->back to USA.

Comment

Working...
              X