X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: chess tournament rating sections

Originally posted by Mate Milinkovic View Post
    I think I should have to earn.
    This forced me to check you CFC ID :D Over 10 years you made progress from 1300 to 1700. imho, something is wrong in your study/playing habits.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
      This forced me to check you CFC ID :D Over 10 years you made progress from 1300 to 1700. imho, something is wrong in your study/playing habits.
      I am a lazy chess player. I hardly study chess. The funny thing is the stuff I study and think I know causes me to loss sometimes. For instance some endgame I have studied in the past I have applied incorrectly in my own games causing losses in drawn positions etc. I think my case of going up only 400 points in 10 yrs is sadly the plight of most players. I am happy to have atleast made it to class B. If I make it to class A at any point in my chess career I would be super happy. I dont feel the need to go for expert or master as I realize I probably dont have what it takes or I would have already gotten that far. I am happy with being average in life. I think I read somewhere that 1700 - 1750 is the strength of your average tournament chess player.
      I have noticed that people who make it to expert or master level usually do so fairly quickly. It seems that if you dont make it to expert or master within 5 years your most likely to never get there. I am always open to suggestions you might have on me improving my chess study so I can advance up the ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
        If I change my last name to Noritsyn I think I can get to expert within a few months.

Comment

Mate, having reached the 1700 level from 1300 in 10 years is not that bad. You are now at a level where you can appreciate some of the beauty in a good game especially so with the tactics. Your rate of improvement of 40 points a year is ok for a casual player. Don't let the mean-spirited trolls on ChessTalk dissuade you from continuing your improvement!

Comment

Working...
          X