Clear All

• The International Chess Party

The head of FIDE will reportedly launch the international chess party
    http://claudiamunoz.com/modules.php?...ticle&sid=4266

Re : The International Chess Party

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    The head of FIDE will reportedly launch the international chess party
    http://claudiamunoz.com/modules.php?...ticle&sid=4266
    As its first steps on the international level the movement plans chess tournaments between North and South Korea and after that between Palestine and Israel.
    Don't know what to add...

Comment

Re: The International Chess Party

Finally! A worthwhile initiative from FIDE. It's been a long time coming! Is it possible that they have finally noticed the dissatisfaction among the people who send them the money?

Comment

I expect it is an alien directive.

Bob A

Comment

Re: Re : The International Chess Party

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
          Don't know what to add...
          Perhaps a reconciliation between the CFC and Kevin Spraggett. :o:pLOL
          Not bloody likely!

Comment

Who wants to build the Canadian branch of the chess party? Can you imagine? Mr. Speaker: Let us adjourn and play some chess. The overall winner gets to ----- (fill in your chess fantasies here)

Comment

Some Russian politicians, like Vladimir Zhirinovsky and Stanislav Govorukhin welcomed the initiative, Anatoly Karpov, however, said that there was no need in the movement and that chess, like other sports, should not be mixed with politics.

I suppose Karpov might also have the view that the Green (or environmental) Party should not be mixed up in politics either, given that the environment is too specific an area (like sport(s)) to found a political party (mainly) upon. The Green Party in Canada supposedly has social aspects etc. to its platform. Any Canadian Chess Party would need to similarly branch out in its platform, assuming for a moment it wouldn't be laughed off as a joke.
              Last edited by Kevin Pacey; Thursday, 14th February, 2013, 03:21 PM. Reason: Spelling
              Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
              Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
                Any Canadian Chess Party would need to similarly branch out in its platform, assuming for a moment it wouldn't be laughed off as a joke.
                Here's my own tongue-in-cheek idea for a Chess Party of Canada Platform (essentially a reprioritized version of a platform for a fictional [largely right wing] Iced Tea Party of Canada I suggested on chesstalk ages ago):

Platform for the Chess Party of Canada:

We have 6 goals to improve Canada for its citizens, as listed below in strictly descending order of priority:

1. Improve Canadian chess culture (Give Incentives to have world class chess events, players, trainers, coaches, teachers etc. in Canada when affordable, recognize chess as a sport and support the CFC);

2. Improve non-chess aspects of Canadian culture (Give Incentives to have world class cities, artists, chefs, writers, poets, film-makers, playwrights, athletics, etc. in Canada when affordable)

3. Improve the Economy (Reduce the Debt, Grow Jobs, Build Manufacturing Base and Research and Development in Canada);

4. Improve the Environment (Reduce or Combat Pollution);

5. Improve Society (Reduce Crime, Fight Addictions, Improve Education & Health Services where not Provincial matters involved, Tighten Immigration, Move away from Multi-Culturalism to Integration like American ideal, Give better tax incentives to have families);

6. Improve Canada's Stature Internationally (return to Peacekeeping role, except only if we/NATO are attacked, Host world summits, chess and sports events, and contribute more foreign aid, when affordable).
                Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
                Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

From the thread title I assumed you were writing about the US Amateur Team East event in Parsippany, NJ this coming weekend.

It's international (aka World Amateur Team), it's a chess party, and I'm playing :)

Easily my favorite event on the chess calendar.

Comment

Working...
                  X