DGT board notation inquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DGT board notation inquiry

Hi I was wondering if someone knows if you have to record your moves in a standard rated game if your using a DGT board that records the moves for the whole game. Does the CFC require you to record your moves in this circumstance. I am planning on buying a DGT board sometime this year for my match play rated standard games. I would not bring the DGT board to tournaments. I just think it would be much more relaxing if my opponent and I can sit there and play a rated game with our coffees or drink of choice and not have to worry about recording our moves. I tried to find a rule concerning this scenario but could not find anything. I just want to make sure I follow the rules of CFC so my match games are legit.

Re: DGT board notation inquiry

Originally posted by Mate Milinkovic View Post
    I tried to find a rule concerning this scenario but could not find anything.
    Not exactly an answer, but all the world's top players record their moves when playing long time control games on DGT boards, so... probably they have to.

Comment

Remember that a (new) DGT board costs at least $800 - add in shipping charges to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mate Milinkovic View Post
        Does the CFC require you to record your moves in this circumstance. I am planning on buying a DGT board sometime this year for my match play rated standard games. I would not bring the DGT board to tournaments.
        The CFC adopted FIDE chess rules in 100% in ~2006 (?)

Thus:
        "8.1 In the course of play each player is required to record his own moves and those of his opponent in the correct manner, move after move, as clearly and legibily as possible, in the algebraic notation (See Appendix C), on the scoresheet prescribed for the competition."
        Indirectly what you write in a scoresheet:
        "12.4 The scoresheet shall be used only for recording the moves, the times of the clocks, the offers of a draw, and matters relating to a claim and other relevant data."
        And your DGT board and a computer fall in this clause:

"6.14 Screens, monitors, or demonstration boards showing the current position on the chessboard, the moves and the number of moves made, and clocks which also show the number of moves, are allowed in the playing hall. However, the player may not make a claim relying solely on information shown in this manner."
        Thus, you can not claim for an example a three repetition draw using only a DGT recorded scoresheet. First you must follow 8.1.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
          The CFC adopted FIDE chess rules in 100% in ~2006 (?)

Thus:

Indirectly what you write in a scoresheet:

And your DGT board and a computer fall in this clause:

Thus, you can not claim for an example a three repetition draw using only a DGT recorded scoresheet. First you must follow 8.1.
          A related question concerns recording using a scoresheet and a Monroi? At least Monroi devices are more commonplace than DGT boards...
          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Re : Re: DGT board notation inquiry

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
            A related question concerns recording using a scoresheet and a Monroi? At least Monroi devices are more commonplace than DGT boards...
            If you use DGT, you must record your moves on a scoresheet.

It is not necessary with MonRoi, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
              A Monroi device is a scoresheet though electronic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                Remember that a (new) DGT board costs at least $800 - add in shipping charges to this.
                Yes I know the one I want costs a little over 1k it comes with a dgt clock and a special versian of deep fritz. I told myself I would get the board as a reward to myself if I ever get my class A certificate. I think this year will be the year. I know its expensive but I like to own nice things.

Comment

Working...
                X