lodging recommendations for Mauricie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lodging recommendations for Mauricie

I am considering playing there this year. Any recommendations on where to stay there?

Thanks and regards, Aris.

Re : lodging recommendations for Mauricie

All the information you need is here (in French though) : http://www.clubechecs3r.com/com/Hebergement.pdf

The best is of course to stay at the Hotel Urbania (the tournament site). However, I'm not sure if they still have rooms.

Motel Populaire and Deauville Motel are cheaper (not without reasons), but there still is some chess players staying there (mostly those that didn't book on time).

If you wish something more classy, there are more expensive hotels "downtown".

Comment

Re: Re : lodging recommendations for Mauricie

Hi Felix, thank you very much for the links. I am bilingual, and I have been checking out the website. Would you know if it is true that the whole event is only being rated FQE?

Comment

Re : Re: Re : lodging recommendations for Mauricie

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
        Hi Felix, thank you very much for the links. I am bilingual, and I have been checking out the website. Would you know if it is true that the whole event is only being rated FQE?

Yes, unfortunately, for this tournament, the top section is not CFC/FIDE rated.

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : lodging recommendations for Mauricie

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
          If anyone is interested in this event, I called last week, and the site hotel had plenty of single rooms left (I think you can add a cot). But, not being CFC rated stops it for me.

Other than that, seems like an awesome event!

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : lodging recommendations for Mauricie

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
            If anyone is interested in this event, I called last week, and the site hotel had plenty of single rooms left (I think you can add a cot). But, not being CFC rated stops it for me.

Other than that, seems like an awesome event!
            Aris...this is THE greatest weekend Open chess event in Canada...bar none! You will have a great time! And if you become a better player...because of games you played here...then you can play in a CFC rated event later...and your CFC rating will go up...and if not...you won't lose any of your prestigious CFC rating points...

PLAY!

You will love it!

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
              What is the reason why the tournament is not cfc rated in the openm section ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Deschesnes View Post
                What is the reason why the tournament is not cfc rated in the openm section ?
                Well, it's your choice. The organizers decide whether they want to have their sections CFC/FIDE rated or not. Thanks to the CFC-FQE deal, there's no need for CFC memberships, but the organizers still need to pay the ratings fee ($1,50 for FQE, $3 for CFC and about $2 FIDE). Some might want to pay the extra $5 per player to have their first section FIDE rated, but it's by no means mandatory.

I looked everywhere and there was only mention of the tournament being FQE rated. If it's CFC/FIDE rated, it is not specified anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                X