A new Chu!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new Chu!

Happy news for Stefanie's old friends from the chess world. Sofie Mae Block was born March 3rd at 5:19 am. Michael says both are doing very well, with thousands of photos taken by the four grandparents for whom she is the first grandchild.

Re: A new Chu!

Good to hear. I was wondering what became of the chess Chu's
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

I still have her photo on my wall as part of the 1998 World Youth Teams in Spain. My how time flies. Stefanie would be about 30 now. I wish all the best to her and her family. Thanks for sharing the news!

Comment

Great news. I saw Stefanie last June at Luminato. She was dressed up for a party and I did not even recognize her. She looked like a super model.

10 years ago, we used to share the same dentist, and then I got reconnected via my wife's working relationship with Stefanie. It is a small world. She also has great parents whom I remember fondly.
        Last edited by Ian Findlay; Tuesday, 5th March, 2013, 04:14 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Findlay View Post
          Great news. I saw Stefanie last June at Luminato. She was dressed up for a party and I did not even recognize her. She looked like a super model.

10 years ago, we used to share the same dentist, and then I got reconnected via my wife's working relationship with Stefanie. It is a small world. She also has great parents whom I remember fondly.
          And I think your wedding receptions were held in the same place, as I recall David saying he met you there when making final arrangements for Stef and Michael.

Comment

Originally posted by Denis Allan View Post
            And I think your wedding receptions were held in the same place, as I recall David saying he met you there when making final arrangements for Stef and Michael.
            Good memory. We met sampling the tasting menu at Sunnybrook. That would have been spring or summer of 2008. Although Stefanie could not make it there that day. Seems like yesterday.

Comment

Working...
            X