Roaming in the US ... Not chess related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roaming in the US ... Not chess related

I am with Rogers for my cell phone...when I go to the U.S. I get charged ridiculous amounts...I take their plans which reduces the damages...but honestly...the bills are high...can someone suggest a better way of doing this? I will be in the U.S. from March 18 -27...and I would like to make this as inexpensive as possible...most important is e-mail..I get few calls (no one wants to talk to me LOL).

I have been suggested this site...

http://www.roammobility.com/products

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Larry

Re: Roaming in the US ... Not chess related

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
    I am with Rogers for my cell phone...when I go to the U.S. I get charged ridiculous amounts...I take their plans which reduces the damages...but honestly...the bills are high...can someone suggest a better way of doing this? I will be in the U.S. from March 18 -27...and I would like to make this as inexpensive as possible...most important is e-mail..I get few calls (no one wants to talk to me LOL).

I have been suggested this site...

http://www.roammobility.com/products

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Larry
    My suggestion would be if you go there regularly get a pay as you go or a low cost plan stateside and use that over there. Should be less costly as Canadians are overcharged for cell phone service.

Comment

Roaming in the US ... Not Chess Related

Originally posted by Zeljko Kitich View Post
      My suggestion would be if you go there regularly get a pay as you go or a low cost plan stateside and use that over there. Should be less costly as Canadians are overcharged for cell phone service.
      I agree.

Because I often go to the USA, I was using a "North American Plan" from Bell Mobility at a total cost of $100+ for 250 minutes anywhere within USA and Canada. It had a couple of features.

Instead, I went to Verizon in Florida, got their CANADA Plan for 450 minutes anywhere within Canada and USA with the same features for about $80.

Almost double the minutes, much less cost. However, I do not use a SMART Phone, simply a telephone.

One caveat to those calling my cell. My number is Long Distance from Canada, I think even when I am in Toronto.

Comment

Working...
      X