CCN Editor Appointed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCN Editor Appointed

Great choice. John's erudition and his passion will inspire a terrific contribution.
    Good luck, John.:D

Comment

Re: Newsfeed

Originally posted by John Upper View Post
      Why so interested?
      Why so defensive? Fred put it out there for public consumption. There's no harm in Andy asking, is there? Unless....it's a **secret** MA!?!
      "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
      "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
      "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
        There's no harm in Andy asking, is there? Unless....it's a **secret** MA!?!
        I'm tickled people are so interested in little old me. :o

I'll post relevant info about me, as well as an outline of my plans for changes to the newsletter in mid-April.

If this seems like a long time to wait... well, I'm thrilled by your enthusiasm, but please remember: I am not the editor. Edward Porper is the editor, and will be until after his last issue comes out in May.

I don't want to do anything that interferes with his ability to solicit contributions to the newsletter. Once his last submission deadlines have passed, I'll say more.

Comment

John, IMHO, if you do not feel like answering a personal question, then just don't, lol! :)

Again IMHO, such personal questions, even if they're posed, should be done so privately.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
            John, IMHO, if you do not feel like answering a personal question, then just don't, lol! :)

Again IMHO, such personal questions, even if they're posed, should be done so privately.
            I think MA is not something to be ashamed of.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
              I think MA is not something to be ashamed of.
              I did not say it was, so I do not understand your response. I was talking right to privacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
                I was talking right to privacy.
                He lost his privacy of the MA part when he published his thesis. Excerpts are online. Do you need a link? It was funny that the final word in the introduction was a "stalemate" :D
                Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; Wednesday, 27th March, 2013, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Here's a link (from 2003) - assuming it's the correct John Upper:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/johnupper/m...s/mypapers.htm

The topic of the MA thesis was "On the Very Idea of Comparing Wittgenstein and Peirce".

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                    Here's a link (from 2003) - assuming it's the correct John Upper:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/johnupper/m...s/mypapers.htm

The topic of the MA thesis was "On the Very Idea of Comparing Wittgenstein and Peirce".
                    I mean the very idea! It can't be done your majesty, not in polite society...

Comment

Working...
                    X