Chess and taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess and taxes

So I'm completing my annual tax return, and I encounter the section "Children's art amount". It states "You can claim to a maximum of $500 per child the fees paid in 2012 relating to the cost of registration or membership for your or your spouse’s or common-law partner’s child in a prescribed program ... of artistic, cultural, recreational, or developmental activity."

So would having a chess tutor or attending a chess camp qualify?

Re : Chess and taxes

Originally posted by Garland Best View Post
    So I'm completing my annual tax return, and I encounter the section "Children's art amount". It states "You can claim to a maximum of $500 per child the fees paid in 2012 relating to the cost of registration or membership for your or your spouse’s or common-law partner’s child in a prescribed program ... of artistic, cultural, recreational, or developmental activity."

I know parents can include chess camps somewhere, but I'm not so sure about lessons...

Comment

Re: Chess and taxes

Originally posted by Garland Best View Post

When the credit was announced chess was included. However, I suggest you call CRA to confirm. They are only a phone call away.

Comment

Working...
      X