CFC ratings not available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC ratings not available?

I am unable to access ratings and crosstables on the CFC website. Anyone else having the same problem, or is it me.

Re : CFC ratings not available?

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
    I am unable to access ratings and crosstables on the CFC website. Anyone else having the same problem, or is it me.
    The CFC website is incredibly slow... Sometimes we have to wait for a few minutes before anything can be displayed. I have never seen such a slow website... I don't know why.

Comment

Re: CFC ratings not available?

I'm able to access crosstables at this time (10:30 EDT)
      No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

Re : CFC ratings not available?

Yeah, I just tried and it works. It took 4 minutes to display them though.

Comment

Re: Re : CFC ratings not available?

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
          I have never seen such a slow website...
          Félix,

Apparently you're not a Rogers customer :)

Rogers.com is absolutely the slowest website I have ever accessed, and it's been like that for the 15 or so years that I have been their customer.

You would think that the largest communications company in Canada (top 5 in North America) would have the fastest website, and the easiest website to navigate through. However, it takes easily 5 minutes for me just to log in and access my voicemail online. Many times throughout the day, it tells me that the server is too busy, so my voicemail shows as empty, even though there are definitely messages there!

A faster CFC site means more money to invest... remember that when you pay your annual dues ;)

Jordan
          No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

Re : Re: Re : CFC ratings not available?

Originally posted by Jordan S. Berson View Post
            Félix,

Apparently you're not a Rogers customer :)

Rogers.com is absolutely the slowest website I have ever accessed, and it's been like that for the 15 or so years that I have been their customer.

You would think that the largest communications company in Canada (top 5 in North America) would have the fastest website, and the easiest website to navigate through. However, it takes easily 5 minutes for me just to log in and access my voicemail online. Many times throughout the day, it tells me that the server is too busy, so my voicemail shows as empty, even though there are definitely messages there!

A faster CFC site means more money to invest... remember that when you pay your annual dues ;)

Jordan
            It shouldn't cost much money to host the website. The FQE also uses Drupal, has as many widgets, pages and visitors... Still, it goes much faster. And it cost pretty much nothing to host it.
            http://www.fqechecs.qc.ca/cms/

Comment

Re: Re : CFC ratings not available?

I tried a few times and at first it
              didn't work.After a few more tries
              it started to work.Now it only takes
              about 4 seconds.

Comment

Aha! Working now, but not helping me much.

The crosstable search returns:

No results matched your search for: Organizer: McDonald, Province: ON

So, it's all imaginary, then. I suspected as much.

Comment

Aha! Working now, but not helping me much.

The crosstable search returns:

No results matched your search for: Organizer: McDonald, Province: ON

So, it's all imaginary, then. I suspected as much.
                  1) Dates are a bit glitchy and in some instances only bring back the present year. Try to put a date range in, ie 2001-01-01 to 2013-05-01
                  2) *McDonald or Patrick McDonald or Patrick McD* are good names, McDonald isn't

Comment

Thanks for the info, Fred. I'm surprised to learn that the default organiser name search isn't "lastname,firstname" as it is for the players.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Fred. I'm surprised to learn that the default organiser name search isn't "lastname,firstname" as it is for the players.
                      I notice the phrase "use * as wildcard (eg: Chess Academy*)" appears in that search panel, but it certainly isn't clear which box or boxes it applies to...

From a programmer's point of view, I can appreciate allowing things like 'regular expressions' and the like, but in those cases - especially on a user-facing form - it is critical to make it very clear what one might put in a search box.
                      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Tonight I could not find the annual CFC membership stats anywhere on the CFC website. Even for previous years. They are normally dated 1 May statistics. Hopefully this is just part of temporary changes being made.
                        Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
                        Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

stats

http://chess.ca/membership-stats

About Us / Join ...

Comment

I just went to the CFC website and clicked on "About Us" as your directions stated, but then I did not see any "Join" link that you mentioned would be there. Still, thanks for trying to help, unless there's another way to get the membership stats.

Comment

Got to it now. It's under "About the CFC" towards the middle of the main webpage, rather than under "About Us". :p

Comment

Working...
                              X