Please Go back to old chesstalk board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Go back to old chesstalk board

Can ChessTalk please revert to the traditional home webpage. The presentation of the traditional ChessTalk webpage was so much better. The new webpage is bland. All those email icons are visually unpleasing.

Re: Please Go back to old chesstalk board

In the settings, you can force the use of a style which is more suitable for 'mobile devices' - that might be more appealing to you (whether or not you are on a mobile device!). It would be nice to have a choice of colour schemes etc. but that doesn't seem to be an option at this time.
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Looks OK to me.:)I haven't tried to do anything
      special with the new board,but everything
      looks convenient.

Comment

Re : Re: Please Go back to old chesstalk board

I think (hope) it's temporary...

Comment

Yeah, this looks terrible.

Comment

I agree, the new board doesn't look any better. Here, I will repeat my suggestion which appears in the "how to improve ChessTalk stickie" above. This would be a good time for a complete overhaul.

"I agree that stickies are annoying! I think the solution is including a sidebar on the right of the main body of the posts. This is common in other web sites (Susan Polgar for example).
            Now the stickies can be posted on the sidebar as well as any non chess-related threads. There, also, the spam invaders can be invited to buy ad space to sell their wares. Furthermore, that is a good space to place links to other chess sites - the CFC, Live Ratings, Chess Bomb Games, Susan Polgar's Blog etc, etc."

Comment

One thing I miss about the old layout: it identified the original poster as well as the most recent poster. That made it easier to find the threads and posts I want.

Comment

Originally posted by John Upper View Post
                One thing I miss about the old layout: it identified the original poster as well as the most recent poster. That made it easier to find the threads and posts I want.
                Do you mean this http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/forum.php ?

For it is nothing special or strange - the CFC forum is on the same design (probably) for one year already.

Comment

Yes, please change the look of the forum, back to the old one would be fine.
                  Having it look identical to the CFC discussion board is, well, creepy and unnerving.

Comment

Working...
                  X