Summer chess camp in Toronto by GM Sambuev!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summer chess camp in Toronto by GM Sambuev!

Well,
    there were two simultaneous... At first we decided to let all kids face Gm Sambuev (he was playing black) with time control 30 min for kids and 20 min for GM. We realized that it was not easy, because just to make a move against each of 17 players will take some time of his clock... Eventually, kids realized that as well, and started making a move right after he was leaving their board... as a result few games were lost on time just few moves before checkmate. :) Kids, parents, (and I - to be honest) enjoyed the show, even though there was more running than playing involved :)
    For the second simultaneous, we decided to keep the same time control, but split the group in two (with me getting and extra player, since I was playing against team 2). I quickly realized that I am out of shape (sports-wise) and need to do more jogging in the morning :) Finally, I lost a game to Matthew Chertkow, and if I am not mistaken, Bator made one draw against Richard Chen.

The pictures are on Facebook and I would also like to thank Mr. Michael Yip for his blog coverage :)

See you all in Ottawa!

Danny
    I think, therefore I am!

Comment

LOL Smart kids worked as a team. Well done LOL²

Comment

http://canadachessnews.blogspot.hu/

I added Royal Game Summary/Calender to right menu(scroll down a bit). Hope this helps.

Comment

One of my friend's students was at the camp and he said he had a great time. Well done gentleman

Comment

Thank you all for your comments!

We are still looking to make it even more fun and useful during our next visit in Toronto area (possibly Mississauga again) in few months, just before WYCC :)

Danny
            I think, therefore I am!

Comment

Hi Danny

Pls consider making a 2-3 minute Youtube video for each of your events. This will help you and me both. More hits for my blog and more business Royal Game.

If you have some time can you make a Links section for your site and link back to my blog :)

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X