Lucky Guy ( :D )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucky Guy ( :D )

So I met a guy the other day who was really happy, with a kick in his step, so I asked him what happened why is he so happy ?
    He said he saw his doctor and was told he was going to die, that he had no more then 5 months to live. I said, what, why are you so happy
    that's terrible. He said he was going to take it one day at a time and beat it. I said aren't you concerned, why so upbeat about your chances ?
    He said, well, normally he would be pretty down, but the thing is .... ( wait for it ) .... his doctor was Kevin Pacey.

Go Blue Jays.

Re: Lucky Guy ( :D )

What a classy guy you are, Duncan!!

Comment

Thanks, appreciate the support !!!

Go Blue Jays.
      Last edited by Duncan Smith; Saturday, 22nd June, 2013, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Smith View Post
        Thanks, appreciate the support !!!

Go Blue Jays.
        As an obsessed Jays fan, I support this motion
        Shameless self-promotion on display here
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Barkyducky?feature=mhee

Comment

Odds on the Jays winning the World Series spiked to 100-1 not long ago but some now quote 18-1 and 22-1.
          Al East is wide open now, 6 games from top to bottom, and the injury situation is changing in the Jays favour.

I doubted their chances when Morrow/Happ got hurt but finding Rogers/Wang saved the day. Dickey needs to get better,
          he can make or break them late in the season.

Comment

Yeah I find it hard to believe that the reigning NL Cy young award winner with 3+ years of great-elite performances would be so bad coming to the East. I expected some regression but nothing this severe. People say it's because he's having some injuries which is causing him not able to throw his knuckleball as fast as before (80mph instead of the 83-84 in New York). One can only hope that the All Star break with warm weather will help him pitch better. He was awful again against the Orioles on Friday. It was only thanks to Kawasaki that he didn't lose the game.

Comment

Just when I was beginning to think Duncan had no sense of humour, now I see he has a (sick!?) one. :)
              Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
              Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
                Just when I was beginning to think Duncan had no sense of humour, now I see he has a (sick!?) one. :)
                I've always had a good sense of humour, but I'm never sure how it might be received by certain audiences. This short story came to me while I
                was running the treadmill, glad you enjoyed it, its all in fun. Please note I posted at some point I didn't think they'd climb back in the playoff hunt,
                I always gave them chances but it was getting bleaker as it went.

Anyways, thank god the Jays finally lost so maybe they'll lose their superstitions and get Reyes back in their line up. The guys ready, even stealing bases in the minors, yet they are stalling. I don't understand it, pitchers I can see because injuries can easily reoccur. Boston series is massive, either team wins three games its a big swing in the standings.

Comment

With 8 in the bullpen, I think they can drop one to make room for Reyes. 13 pitchers is a bit excessive.

Comment

Bye Bye Kawasaki, until next time :(

Comment

The best version of Dickey pitched today. This more then anything is extremely uplifting to the Jays chances. Reyes looks healthy.

I think the Jays need to make a trade. They have too many decent major league players that all contribute around the same value ( the bottom third
                      of the team ). Can't even fit them on the roster soon, and just losing any of these guys for nothing on waivers could cause some bad feelings or
                      in the case of some pitchers lose a guy that could be very useful next year on a modest contract.

At this point, unless there are several injuries or some pitchers tank, I would think McGowan and Bonofocio won't stay on the roster. I'd think there might be a contender out there that would like to have a low era middle reliever ( not McGowan obviously ) plus a decent versatile IF. That's kind of what the Rasmus trade was all about with St. Louis, Toronto has a surplus in areas that normally many teams can't find. If the Jays don't work something out watch how quickly the guys they put on waivers get snapped up. Ideally, they could upgrade at 2B or LF, but if there is no opportunity there, a prospect who can play one of 2B/LF/SP would be better then getting nothing.

Comment

Cabrera on the DL, Kawasaki back. I wondered when Wang's good fortune was going to end.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
                          Cabrera on the DL, Kawasaki back. I wondered when Wang's good fortune was going to end.
                          They still need to get something done with the roster, Kawasaki is basically a backup infielder and cheerleader now. I'd like to think they are
                          working on a trade right now, but in recent years this is the exact point where they've failed, mostly because they didn't address their weaknesses
                          mid-season. They need one of an ace starter, 2B, or 3B. Lawrie can play out this season at 2B if need be, but the redundancies are obvious ( ton of
                          middle relievers, including possibly Happ and Rogers; two speed demons who may not be every day players ). Haven't looked at it closely, but I really
                          like Davis as a platoon player he's very useful, but maybe he's also more attractive then Bonofocio in a trade too.

So 2 or 3 players out for one player, probably a star on an expiring contract. I think its vital for them to make playoffs. The good news is after Detroit they have one of the easiest schedules. Tonight is as favourable a pitching matchup as yesterday's was for Boston.

Comment

Working...
                          X