Maximum Risk - A Movie.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum Risk - A Movie.......

with Jean-Claude Van Damme (I hesitate to say "starring") has a scene where the camera pans across a room and CLEARLY showing on a desk are issues of En Passant with a chess set in the background. Can anyone shed some light on where this was shot, not only the city, but also whose home or office?

Re: Maximum Risk - A Movie.......

I've never seen it, but I looked it up on imdb and it was partially filmed in Toronto. That's a start, anyway.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Comment

truely a dreadful film.

Comment

While on my Hong Kong movie tear, I considered watching "THE KING OF CHESS". In the end, I didn't. Will I next time? Hmm. You may say "Oh, it has Tony Leung, good times!" However, it's the inferior Tony Leung - Tony Leung Ka Fai. Yeah, he was in New Dragon Gate Inn, but what else? Ashes of Time? By far Wong Kar Wai's worst movie. Screw that.

Comment

Re: Maximum Risk - Half Baked - Go Masters

Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post
          While on my Hong Kong movie tear, I considered watching "THE KING OF CHESS". In the end, I didn't. Will I next time? Hmm. You may say "Oh, it has Tony Leung, good times!" However, it's the inferior Tony Leung - Tony Leung Ka Fai. Yeah, he was in New Dragon Gate Inn, but what else? Ashes of Time? By far Wong Kar Wai's worst movie. Screw that.
          I enjoyed the Chinese/Japanese film "The Go Masters."

I remember that Maximum Risk scene and think I commented on it before somewhere. I remember them closing Yonge Street for 3 nights to film a car going south of the Zanzibar and turning to the chess corner. Stupid waste of money as only close-ups of the car were shown. The Incredible Hulk did a better job of showing that stretch of Yonge Street north of Dundas. That area was also used for Half Baked, but the "joke" filmed at the chess tables was cut. I haven't seen the DVD, maybe it's in it?

Comment

I remember once seeing a photo titled "En Passant" It was a B&W shot of a young couple (Think James Dean), and seated at the table and older gaunt character reading the magazine. Anyone else remember seeing it?

Comment

Working...
            X