X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel between Ottawa and Montreal

Hi everyone,
    Since the Canadian Open and the Quebec Open are both coming up very soon,
    I wanted to ask if anyone who's playing in the Can Open will be driving to Montreal,
    and if they are, would carpooling be an option. Usually it does happen (chess players seem to be generous in nature :D)
    but it would be better to arrange it beforehand so there's no panic on the day of.

On a side note, a reminder that the Chess in the Library festival will be taking place tomorrow at the North York Central Public Library,
    so if any parent wants their kid to have a fun time, just be there tomorrow at 11:15 to enter in our CMA rated tournament.
    In addition, as always there will be plenty of side events for the kids when they're not playing their games, including a simul with me
    (a normal one and a blindfold one on three boards :D)

Re : Travel between Ottawa and Montreal

Originally posted by Mike Ivanov View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Since the Canadian Open and the Quebec Open are both coming up very soon,
    I wanted to ask if anyone who's playing in the Can Open will be driving to Montreal,
    and if they are, would carpooling be an option. Usually it does happen (chess players seem to be generous in nature :D)
    but it would be better to arrange it beforehand so there's no panic on the day of.

On a side note, a reminder that the Chess in the Library festival will be taking place tomorrow at the North York Central Public Library,
    so if any parent wants their kid to have a fun time, just be there tomorrow at 11:15 to enter in our CMA rated tournament.
    In addition, as always there will be plenty of side events for the kids when they're not playing their games, including a simul with me
    (a normal one and a blindfold one on three boards :D)
    There seems to be only two (??) players from Montreal that play in the Canadian Open (including GM Sambuev). However, there are quite a lot of players (mostly titled players) that will play in both events. I'd suggest trying to see with them.
    If you can't find someone, the train is very cheap from Ottawa to Montreal (about $25 if bought in advance).

Comment

Re: Travel between Ottawa and Montreal

Hi Mike,

Michael will play both tournaments. I can drive you from Ottawa to Montreal on that day.

Robert

Comment

Re: Travel between Ottawa and Montreal

Hi Robert,
        that would be great, thanks for your help!
        Thanks Felix as well.

Comment

Working...
        X