Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Old/New ChessTalk

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
    Panic time. Now I have to learn the new site, since I certainly will not want to miss your gems of wisdom. I sure wish I knew how to insert a smiley face here.

How can you set the colours so that the messages you have already read are indicated.

That's one item that was good about old site. But it doesn't work for me here. (insert frown here)

Help me Professor.
    Hi Bob (et al), what I do is click on the little arrow beside the last poster of a thread (towards the right), and then when I go back to the main page listing the threads I do a refresh. When I follow this protocol, the thread I went to shows as no new posts, which is exactly what I wanted to achieve. Therefore, I don't even need the colors any more.

I also agree with Luke from above that the tone on the new ChessTalk is more civilized!

If Larry were to poll again today, I may very well change my vote to the new ChessTalk!

Comment

Do it Ari ; do it !

Comment

Obviously if I asked Chris to work on a new board, it is because I felt that the technology had advanced since we started Chesstalk...to the point where...a change was needed.

On the otherhand, I know from my 40 years in the chess community, that the chessplayer (and the average citizen) is a conservative beast.

Hence I opted for a slow (everything is relative) change.

However, I truly believe that what Chris has created here makes perfect sence for the reality of today.

At the end of the day, what one must admit is that ChessTalk has been a valuable tool for the Canadian Chess Community...and your support is necessary for this site to remain THE source of information on what is happening in chess in Canada!

Sincerely,

Larry Bevand

Comment

I support ya, big guy! ;)

Comment

Personally, I, by far, prefer the new board.

The old one looks like one out of the late 80's bbs scene. :):)

J.Lohner

Comment

I miss BBS's :(
              Christopher Mallon
              FIDE Arbiter

Comment

such a fuss about a board, new? old? dark? light?

I don't have any problem posting or checking both

I check about a dozen news sites & a bunch of accounting/finance/business new sites, more is better in my opinion

I do like the smiles better on the old board, :):p;):D:o

Comment

Working...
                X