Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC Rating - Top Players by Age Groups

Hello,

Does anyone know when the "Top Players by Age Groups" on the CFC Rating page will be updated to reflect the players' age in 2009?

Thanks,
    Igor

CFC Rating - Top Players by Age Groups

Did you ask the CFC?

Comment

Re: CFC Rating - Top Players by Age Groups

I thought Bob G. had fixed that last January, so that the age updates would henceforth be done automatically by the program - seems not.

Bob

Comment

Do you know who in CFC I can contact in this regard? It is not clearly indicated on the CFC website. Is Bob G. still in charge of this?

Comment

Originally posted by Igor Sirkovich View Post
          Do you know who in CFC I can contact in this regard? It is not clearly indicated on the CFC website. Is Bob G. still in charge of this?
          You can always email info@chess.ca
          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Opps, The system needs a little tweak every January to fix it.
            I'm putting it on the to do list for next week.

Comment

Why don't you publish the birthdates for junior players? That seems easier and more reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence Day View Post
                Why don't you publish the birthdates for junior players? That seems easier and more reliable.
                I disagree with publishing birth dates for the junior players (or for anyone for that matter). Birth dates are normally part of information that help to prove one's identity. Some credit card companies, phone companies, gov't agencies, etc. use your birth date as a key identifier to verify that you are actually that person.

Just because juniors are people under as certain age, doesn't mean that one should violate or be less protective of their privacy.

Comment

I notice that FIDE probably took the "identity" factor into account. The full birth dates of FIDE-rated players are no longer listed - only the year of birth.

Anyways - happy 96th birthday to Montreal expert Arkadiy Gilman - I know his birthday is sometime in January, but FIDE is no help anymore.

Comment

Working...
                  X