Does anybody know these 2 young players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody know these 2 young players?

Two junior players have just registered online to the Open section of the Quebec Open and paid through paypal. Unfortunately, we know only the names of the owners of the credit card. No name of CFC rated chess payers were given. I emailed them to get players' names, but did not get any answer yet.

These persons are You Chen from Markham, ON, and Hong Sui from Scarborough, ON. Does anybody on Chesstalk know the players' names?

Louis Morin
    FQE

Re : Does anybody know these 2 young players?

First player is Wenlu Yu. I still need the second one.

Comment

Re : Does anybody know these 2 young players?

Second player is James Fu. Apparently, people from the Chinese community are not addicted to Chesstalk.

Anyway, I have another riddle to solve. Xiaogui Yang from Markham, ON, payed for another junior player. Who is this guy?

Comment

Re: Re : Does anybody know these 2 young players?

Wenyang Ming

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Does anybody know these 2 young players?

Thank you.

Comment

Re: Does anybody know these 2 young players?

This doesn't help answer your question (which seems to have been answered by others already) but might help future online payment collectors:

On the 2013 CYCC registration from I included a data fields which asked "who paid?" and "contact info/email"

That didn't resolve all the problems -- since sometimes one parent would fill out the reg form and another would pay, and they wouldn't coordinate the names -- but it helped solve about 30 problems, because it would give me two emails to contact to clear up any problem matching a payment with a registration (one email on the reg form, and one via PayPal).

I think it's possible to pay a monthly fee to PayPal to collect more customized data from the customers/paying entrants, but we didn't budget for that.

There's probably a better way to make this go more smoothly, and if some other TD/web guy know of one, please post it.

Comment

Working...
            X