Corus A, Wijk aan Zee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corus A, Wijk aan Zee

Does anybody know what time the Rd. 1 starts Saturday ESTime ? Official site in Netherlands gives 13:30.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Thursday, 15th January, 2009, 11:31 AM.

Re: Corus A, Wijk aan Zee

Hi Bob: Each Rd starts at 13:30 local(7:30 am Toronto) except last Rd= one hour earlier. rest days Jan 21,Jan 26, Jan 29. 1st Rd Saturday Jan 17
    last Rd Sunday Feb 1 all this applies to the 3 main grps(GM) tourneys.

Wilf

Comment

Hi Wilf:

Thx.

Bob

Comment

Hi Bob;
        Try www.coruschess.com

Comment

Hi John:

Thanks. I did have the official site. My problem is being challenged at converting time zones. I know there is a website for it, but I never could figure out how to use it !!

Bob

Comment

Try www.timeanddate.com.

Comment

Hi Ken:

Thx. This I can figure out - but you need to know a major city which is on the list near where the tournament is taking place where is is in a small one, like Wijk aan Zee - not too hard generally.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by John Brown View Post
                Hi Bob;
                Try www.coruschess.com
                That coruschess.com site is something that the CFC should think about mimicing. If the history of the Canadian Closed (or Canadian Open or Quebec Open or heck even a weekend tournament) could be shown that way, with games split out by rounds and can be individually downloaded, it would be useful as a resource for the CFC site. Scripting could be made up to just have the .pgn given to the web server and the script takes care of the rest. I think something like that would be a great tool for the new CFC website.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Sadler View Post
                  Twith games split out by rounds and can be individually downloaded
                  Do you mean just to view? Otherwise you may take the whole file with all games and enjoy :)

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                    Do you mean just to view? Otherwise you may take the whole file with all games and enjoy :)
                    sorry let me clarify

the site allows you to look at historical Wijk aan Zee tournaments round by round and they have a viewer for each of the games in the round. they also allow you to download the individual game, the round and the whole tournament. i think it's handy

Comment

Working...
                    X