If you are playing in the NAYCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are playing in the NAYCC

Please check out our website to make sure you are in the correct section, your rating makes sense, etc: www.chess-math.org

We are now sitting at about 330 players...and we are still aiming for 400 players :).

Regardless...we have set a new record for this event!

Congratulations to the main organizer, CMA Regional Director, Francis Rodrigues and his team, for making this happen!

Larry

Re : If you are playing in the NAYCC

The ratings are all wrong for Quebec and Haïti players (FQE rating were not considered). Would it help if I sent an email with all the Quebec players ratings?

Comment

Re: Re : If you are playing in the NAYCC

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
      The ratings are all wrong for Quebec and Haïti players (FQE rating were not considered). Would it help if I sent an email with all the Quebec players ratings?
      Hi Felix,

Absolutely!

Send your corrections to: toronto at chess-math dot org with a copy to me.

Thanks for your help!

Larry

Comment

Re: If you are playing in the NAYCC

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
        Please check out our website to make sure you are in the correct section, your rating makes sense, etc: www.chess-math.org

We are now sitting at about 330 players...and we are still aiming for 400 players :).

Congratulations to the main organizer, CMA Regional Director, Francis Rodrigues and his team, for making this happen!

Larry
        you might want to make sure you send out an email to the US folks with all the updates, as they probably dont' look at this.

great job organizing this!

Comment

Originally posted by joshua hu View Post
          you might want to make sure you send out an email to the US folks with all the updates, as they probably dont' look at this.

great job organizing this!
          Hi Joshua,

You are right...we will send the list to our USCF contact.

Thanks!

LArry

Comment

It is my understanding that the ratings to be used will be taken from this week's update, which has yet to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post

Larry
              Larry, will it count Canadian players' USCF rating if it is highest? Also notice An Nguyen is listed as U12 OPEN section instead of U12G, not sure if it is that she intended or by mistake.
              BTW, to get 400 players, suggest you contact your US peers and still give them advanced entry rate, it might increase some more.
              fyi, I spoke with a couple of US parents in Chicago Class Open two weeks ago, told them that there is IM title for U18, and I noticed one of them, the U8 world Champion boy has registered in U18 section now. I believe many of US players still don't know the chance to win IM, FM titles, and they don't realize the chance to win such title in NAYCC held in Canada is much better than that held in USA while there will be more higher rated players participating.

Comment

Originally posted by George Zhou View Post
                .. I believe many of US players still don't know the chance to win IM, FM titles, and they don't realize the chance to win such title in NAYCC held in Canada is much better than that held in USA while there will be more higher rated players participating.
                Hi George,

You might be right, but in the article about recently ended Pan American Youth Chess Championship in Brasil, the author is mentioning this about US players:

Airfares were sky high, due to the Pope’s visit to Brazil at the same dates, and many chose the North American Youth, scheduled right after the event, in the much-closer Toronto, Canada.
                What might help is to ask USCF website admin to put another reminder on their front page.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrei Botez View Post

What might help is to ask USCF website admin to put another reminder on their front page.
                  Hi Andrei, you always have a good idea, if NAYCC organizer has good relationship with USCF and still offers them advanced entry fee discount, it may help achieve the 400 players goal, especially help U18G section which has only 9 players that might not qualify for WIM/WFM title

Comment

Originally posted by George Zhou View Post
                    ... U18G section which has only 9 players that might not qualify for WIM/WFM title
                    I believe U16G and U18G will be combined. This way the titles/norms will be secured even if some players will withdraw before the the end of the tournament.

Comment

Working...
                    X