Toronto Labour Day Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto Labour Day Open

Some info on this tournament is posted on the Annex Chess Club board >>>>>>http://annexchessclub.com/2013/07/20...bour-day-open/

The organisers seem to want this kept a secret!

Re: Toronto Labour Day Open

“Future advertising isn’t advertising”?

http://ieschoolofcommunication.blogs...t-advertising/

(I hope we aren't ruining their marketing strategy by sharing information about this secret tournament.)
    Marcus Wilker
    Annex Chess Club
    Toronto, Ontario

Comment

A computer beat me in chess, but it was no match when it came to kickboxing

Comment

With 10 days to the start of the tournament, there is still little or no promotion of the event (at least on ChessTalk). The prize fund looks good but is based on 150 entries - is it any wonder that GM Sambuev is signed for the KW event?
        And no list of advanced entries!!
        Is the event still on? one may well ask.

Comment

Well, I'm coming all the way from BC to play in it.
          Paul Leblanc
          Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

The Science Center is close by if you're interested in that sort of thing.
            Gary Ruben
            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Re: Toronto Labour Day Open - ON!!

Still on! Has always been on!

The other day I received a thank-you e-mail to my Canadian Chess Consulting Services, from arbiter Bryan Lamb, for CCCS having the TLDO flyer in its last two issues of Toronto Chess News, and for CCCS sending out the flyer to its Ontario Players (Non-TCN subscribers) e-mail group.

Bob A

Comment

Still no posting of advance entries!?? Something I need to see if I am to cancel this Saturday's Rapid.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
                  Still no posting of advance entries!?? Something I need to see if I am to cancel this Saturday's Rapid.
                  Bryan Lamb (TD) does not visit chesstalks almost for three years. Thus, your best bet is to call him or write an email. Info is in the poster.

Comment

Hi Vlad:

You should by now have received an e-mail - I sent your post by e-mail to the organizer, Randy Moysoski, and the arbiter, Bryan Lamb.

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                      Hi Vlad:

You should by now have received an e-mail - I sent your post by e-mail to the organizer, Randy Moysoski, and the arbiter, Bryan Lamb.

Bob A
                      Thanks for your efforts Egis, Bob, but I don't feel it is my place to tell these guys how to promote a chess tournament. Trying to communicate with Bryan Lamb I have found, in the past, to be a hopeless cause - he doesn't answer emails.
                      The only thing I know about Randy Moysoski is seeing his name as organiser of past LD Opens which have been mostly successful.
                      I'm not sure, but I seem to recall that in the past advance entry list has always been posted for the LD Open - why not this time?
                      Posting advance entries has always boosted participation in the past.
                      These guys need a swift kick in the glutimus!

Comment

Hi Vlad:

Was just talking to Randy - he and Bryan are working on a Pre-registered list. They expect to post it tomorrow.

Bob A

Comment

Hi Bob,
                          Thanks for administering the swift kick!
                          These guys should appreciate the value of posting on ChessTalk
                          ------1300+ reads of this thread!
                          Last edited by Vlad Dobrich; Wednesday, 28th August, 2013, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Last year's Labour Day Open was held at Hart House, and I believe was run by a different set of organizers. Pre-registrant list was available.

http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/show...-at-Hart-House

2011: organized by Annex CC (I think?). Readers were kept up to date.

http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/show...t-Register-Now

2010: similar requests for a pre-reg list and (later) results.

http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/show...ered-Lists-Yet
                            Last edited by Hugh Brodie; Wednesday, 28th August, 2013, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                              Last year's Labour Day Open
                              without double checking, as I remember all those events were arbitrated by Bryan :)

Comment

Working...
                              X